OC ReMix @ Otakon 2009! Lunchtime info!

Bahamut

And I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say bye to you, Wes, and others. For some reason, it slipped my mind that you all would be going to the listening party and that I wouldn't be going to the BBQ and wouldn't be seeing you again. Well, safe trip back.

It's all good, it was implicit ;-) . Good to see you two made it back just fine though!

So this is what I felt was the highlight of the listening party although I missed it - after Upthorn, ThatBlack1, and I left, an ex-roommate of Stevo's decides to trip and fall on Larry while he was on the air mattress and stayed there for a while - while naked.

Great time at Xerol's place earlier today - thanks for hosting us all!

It's all good, it was implicit ;-) . Good to see you two made it back just fine though!

So this is what I felt was the highlight of the listening party although I missed it - after Upthorn, ThatBlack1, and I left, an ex-roommate of Stevo's decides to trip and fall on Larry while he was on the air mattress and stayed there for a while - while naked.

Great time at Xerol's place earlier today - thanks for hosting us all!

Poor Larry. Every body wants him these days. Guy can't get a break.

Still plenty left over from today, I'd definitely be down for that. The cooking was masterful, and that pork surprise was awesome.

YES

I'm freezing most of the hot dogs/burgers for later use, the salads and stuff aren't going to last though. I'm having another smaller one tomorrow night for some of the MAGFest people still in town, anyone who's still around can come too.

And I had to toss what was left of the pork surprise (now officially called Baltimore-Style Cheesesteak) because the flies really got into it. (Note to self: bring extra foil next time.)

Wow, that was a blast. I would've posted sooner if my internet hadn't been wonky all day yesterday. The panel was a lot of fun and it was good to meet and shake hands with a lot of the people up at the panel. It was also nice not to get blown up by Wes. >>

Wish I could've stayed around longer after the panel to talk, but the people I went to the con with called me shortly afterward and needed me with them. So, sorry I couldn't stay longer and talk.

And yeah, I agree that Wes did quite well for talking in front of a big audience for his first time. Larry was really funny, though all the booing he got was funny too. When he threatened to go in front of the giant speaker again, I was the one who shouted "He'll do it! He'll really do it!"

Big thanks to everyone who set up the panel and participated in it. That was worth going to the convention for itself, I think.

BBQ was a lot of fun. Listening party was a lot of fun. Panel was a lot of fun. Basically, there were many times during that weekend where I sort of just didn't want it to end. (Oh, our Lunar Panel was a success, too!)

I'll be able to post up pics from the BBQ tomorrow evening. Sorry for the delay. KF

Since Kizyr got most of the BBQ pics, I only picked up two. But feel free to check out Xerol's epic HANMADE GRILL.

th_100_0525a.jpgth_100_0526b.jpg

A) That grill is all sorts of epic. It's about half the 2/3 the size of "Shorty's" grill, if anyone from the Baltimore area knows who I'm talking about. Best BBQ we have to offer!

B) Way to get a new forum name. I wonder how you pulled that one off :nicework:

Ok, I got pics, so it happened! The OCR Panel ones didn't come out so good, so I'll just put up a few of the BBQ:

"Level99: You know the site Cake*?

Liontamer: ..."

And thus you have:

OCR-BBQ-CakeWhat1.jpg

OCR-BBQ-CakeWhat2.jpg

A few of the group shots:

OCR-BBQ-Group1.jpg

OCR-BBQ-Group2.jpg

OCR-BBQ-Group3-SeriousShot.jpg

Fun shot:

OCR-BBQ-Group4-FunShot(t).jpg

And finally, this one really needs a caption:

OCR-BBQ-Group5-Victoly(t).jpg

Gotta say, that weapon was awesomely made. I saw that at the panel and was impressed with both that and your costume, Deia. Also, that shot where she killed everyone is funny. Wish I could've been there.

...At least to laugh at Wes who got finished by a Critical Hit himself. >>

wait, what

Why the hell am I smiling in the serious shot?

Fail.

Srsly.

And, ZOMG! It's "Arrow"! Where'd all those other letters go?!? ;P

I gotta say, I had an awesome time at my first Otakon experience. Made me wish I'd stuck around for more than a day at the con. I knew it was going to be something different, but I was amazed at how satisfying it was just to glance around in entertained awe at all the different cosplays and art people had come up with.

As always, it was good to hang out with the community. Thanks, too, to the BBQers for accommodating my vegetarian-ness. You all are an awesome group to BS the day away with.

Y'know, except for that "Larry" dude.

Srsly.

And, ZOMG! It's "Arrow"! Where'd all those other letters go?!? ;P

I gotta say, I had an awesome time at my first Otakon experience. Made me wish I'd stuck around for more than a day at the con. I knew it was going to be something different, but I was amazed at how satisfying it was just to glance around in entertained awe at all the different cosplays and art people had come up with.

As always, it was good to hang out with the community. Thanks, too, to the BBQers for accommodating my vegetarian-ness. You all are an awesome group to BS the day away with.

Y'know, except for that "Larry" dude.

If we could, all we ever would do is BS the day away.