Halo 3 'Never Forget''

ellywu2

Nice WIP, Its pretty solid. Because its a dance beat, it loses the sad tone of the original, but i dont typically mind that.

Overall its an enjoyable piece, I love the ambiance, and when it reaches about 4:40 the tone really starts to shine.

My only irk with it is the pulsing beat seems to pound your head in at times and overpower everything else. Maybe tone it down slightly?

Other then that I liked it a lot. It reminds me a bit of the work of flashburn (of newgrounds fame), but thats a good thing imo.

I think everything in this is pretty solid. Everything shines through without overpowering any other instrument. It still maintains the ambiance and tone of the source but brings it to a whole new level. This song would be perfect for ending credits for almost any video game.

I can't wait to hear the final version, it should be awesome! :)

• 7 months later...

sexy gate effect there mm mm. Loving the drums and stuff - there is a lot of compression in here which does make it feel brick-wall-ish at times. Definitely more oriented towards rhythm than melody.

The breakdown at 2:10 or so is AWESOME...good use of piano and string/pad thingy. And that filter-warpy effect that brings it back to the original is very pro sounding. Well it's all pretty pro sounding here :D

The only real gripe is...YOU NEED TO FINISH THIS :nicework: