REAPER 3 is out!

v3-headss.jpg

REAPER 3 has been released out of the blue! There's a new UI, MIDI has been totally revamped, and lots of little things have been polished over. I've only been using it for a few minutes but it's a huge upgrade and I'm really excited to see what it can do. What do you all think of it so far?

Reaper 3 is already giving me a headache.

Whenever I'd run a midi track through a VSTi, I'd just delete the little block of data at the beginning of the piano roll that had the instrument data in it, because it would always cause the VSTs to behave stupidly.

I can't find that little block anymore. How do I tell Reaper to ignore the midi instrument?

edit: oh nevermind, I found it.

The MIDI editor has been updated a bunch. Lots of little glitches it used to have are gone, and now you can see the chunk of midi you're editing in relation to the whole song instead of as a single part. Also it displays how it loops much nicer. I haven't played around with automation too much, but it's been heavily upgraded as well and seems to be much easier to use / record.

Not sure if it's new but it runs quite well under Linux w/Wine (Ubuntu). I'm getting lower latency here, too... er... something is wrong with this picture. :\ With synth1 I can (allegedly) reach anywhere from 0.7 - 6.3 ms latency and I have no issues, whereas with Windows, going anywhere below 93ms would result in fail.