Overcoat: Tascam didn't fix it, but you can use Microsoft's Application Compatibility Toolkit to get around that installer problem.

I followed this post's instructions and it worked out.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1674492&mpage=1&key=%EF%BF%BD

About getting sound out of it .. sorry, I haven't played around with it much. Maybe it has something to do with setting directory locations?

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem, so if AdimantiumDude or someone else has found a solution I would love to know...I actually found this thread while searching google for a solution. The best answer I have found so far is "Dont just copy dll, install it and set path to shared Vst directory. dll just itself won't play." <If anyone can enlighten me as to what that means and how to go about doing it, I would be extremely grateful.

In case this helps anyone else who might stumble upon my installation problem: I was able to get this installed with the help of the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, as mentioned by sillythewilly. My computer hung at Syncrosoft 181% so I had go to LCC and delete SyncrosoftLicenseControlSetup.exe and replace it with Notepad, which I renamed "SyncrosoftLicenseControlSetup.exe" to fool the installation program.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, after unsuccessful google searching, I got my Dad to help me (translation: do it for me) and he figured something out. If anyone still wants to know how he fixed it, I can ask him what he did. (According to him, everything was Microsoft's fault, but it always is. :P)

I would certainly be interested in what you (or your dad) did. I'm having problems getting it to work for me.:banghead: