hi, I need help with samples..

There's a few issues with my song. Firstly, there's parts which plain out aren't correct tones because I couldn't figure them out before I got bored and continued on the song.

http://elrinth.mine.nu/own/07_necta_valley.xm

so I was wondering if you guys knew what samples I could replace the guitar, brass with.

And perhaps you even have more tips. I haven't listened to the song in winamp, only xmplay, so I don't know if there are any issues in winamp. but hopefully it sounds good in winamp aswell.

the song is made in milkytracker, I use 12 channels.

Edit: Hmm weird, if link don't work just try http://elrinth.mine.nu/own/ instead

Yeah I had a different link before, I'm guessing this edit box had saved my old link before. I just edited the link. So yeah, now it should be right.

Yep, this belongs in ReMixing... which doesn't exist anymore, so it should have been put in Workshop. No problem, the mods are gonna move it when they see it.

If MilkyTracker can use soundfonts, you could look up those. There are a number of free soundfont sites out there, use google. Soundfonts are a nice low-budget option for samples. Dunno where you can get raw samples tho, but google should help you out there as well.

Also, since you're using trackers, modarchive.org and its forums are probably better resources for the tracker-specific stuff, since most ppl here use DAWs. Mixing and arrangement we can help you with, but you'd best talk to other tracker-users for the technical stuff specific to MilkyTracker.

Not a bad remix, btw, but it's suffering from medley-itis, the sound is really unrefined, there's some weird key and tuning issues... But more about that when you post it in Feedback: Workshop ReMixes for ppl to hear and comment on.

Good luck.