OCR01849 - Phantasy Star Online "Ragol Weather"

This is pure awesomeness at its best.

It's been quite awhile since the last PSO mix was put on OCR, I would love to see more from both PSO and something from PSU.

Great job, zircon.

I've never heard of 'Weather Report', but now it seems worth checking into.

/drools

MOAR PSO PLZ

Great to see you really branching out with this one, Andy, I don't think I would have known it was you if I didn't know already. The automation on the synths is somewhat of a clue, I suppose. This also seems more focused on atmosphere and sound than your usual melodically-centered mixes, which is nice to hear too. I like it!

Oh yeah. Oh yeah. OH YEAH!! This is hot. I love it. Weather Report is amazing (Jaco kicks serious butt), and I can definitely get the influence for this song. Those drums just make it - when they first came in I was floored by how great they sound. Keep it up!

Now this is a song you can really feel. Close your eyes listening to it and it takes you somewhere else. Very nice, soft tone. The percussion has a bit of controlled chaos to it around their intro and in various other places scattered throughout which really compliments the more laid back melody. Very jazz.

Andy, I don't think I would have known it was you if I didn't know already.

Hah, I downloaded this with a batch of others, wasn't looking at the playlist, and when it came on I recognized something about the sound (and maybe the chords) from one of the Mass Media Constant tracks. Which I also like. I knew it was zircon almost right away.

Great to hear Groove Bias in action too, and a great track to use it on.

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP a PSO remix !! FInally a second day of reconing! After years of waiting and saying hail marys I can put down my rosary and listen to a mix of this AMAZING game . . And then I'll start playing again

crap . .

I really dig the smooth vibe, here. Music of this style is my favorite. I don't mean to disrespect the source material here, but it makes me think of PilotWings (SNES).

Anyway, thought you'd like to know I used this in a presentation on day 2 of my orientation/training with the AICPA. We were told to whip up a quick PowerPoint on one of the member discounts. I asked if music was allowed. 'Twas verily, so a quick hit to the site, download, import - it turned out to be the most enjoyed presentation of the group; with no small thanks to the music. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01849 - Phantasy Star Online "Ragol Weather"