OCR01092 - Chrono Trigger "Electric Clouds"

djpretzel

At first, I didn't know what to think of this remix. That is to say, up to about the first twelve seconds I didn't know. After that, I fell absolutely in love with it! Most of the remixes I've heard of this song are extremely depressing, but Electric Clouds-- a very fitting name-- is . . . uplifting, and I'll definitely be listening to this remix for a very long time! ^^

This song, for whatever reason, makes me feel like Chrono Trigger was on the NES, with the way the electronic sound went. Then came the violin, which made it sound like it was originally released on the PS. Melodic, rythmic, and overall a delight to listen to. Aaahhhhh....the NES....

well i was skeptical when i looked at the title, but when i finished downloading the song, it blew me away. the use of the synths made it feel retro, yet new at the same time. very oxymoronic in a good way. and regarding the clicks or snaps or whatever, i think it was a good touch because it sounded like a barbersharp quartet keeping up with the beat. keep up the good work. :o

Wow, this is truely upbeat and beautifully done. Although I was afraid as soon as I saw the word "Zeal", I was going to hear a remix that sounded like the ten thousand others OCR hosts. I'm glad I was wrong; Zeal done in an upbeat jazz genre.. Nice idea! I also love all the finger snappin' goodness. Let's not forget the almighty violin! :P

Those snaps, or clicks, or whatever they were, they ruined the song for me right away.

If it wasn't for those it might be a good song, I dunno, I coulsn't finish listening to it.

Wow, how very sad. I'm glad I'm not bothered from great tracks by weird silly reasons.

Disliking the snapping isn't a weird silly reason. I know a couple songs that are pretty irritating because they have some thing constantly going. A song that he didn't listen to wholly and then it's reviewed by the same person is stupid and silly, though. I still listen to those couple songs every now and then.

The song has been transformed into po!'s genre of music pretty well. I like the beginning, but like the guy above I guess the snapping just puts me in a mood to not like such a genre anymore. But they go away soon and then the violin comes in (which is the only reason I'd see to give this highly recommended). I definitely like how the snapping is replaced with a drum that sounds similar to such, but still I'm not much a fan of po! and his thang as everyone else.

I don't really know why there's a violin in this kind of piece, but it sounds good. Sorry for my horrible reviewing skills (I think I need to put that in my sig as well).

very relaxing and the violon and in general the quality of the instruments uplevel that song - definetly a professional remix.

btw this theme always reminds me of Outrun.. i wonder why :)
maybe because the rhodes melody is quiet similar to the "last wave" song (not splash wave).

I'll copy my VGMix review. There can never be too many remixes of any song.

Indeed, po!, you have created a Zeal remix worthy to rank as one of the highest in quality and perfection. Perhaps evoking some of the more refined aspects of the song and Zeal itself, this song truly floats in the clouds; it has a certain air of peace about it. It isn't shiningly illustrious, nor bogged in earthiness -- it seems to hang in the balance, a sweetly divine, mellow song that has a place in the firmament above.

A silver lining to an ideal place and song. Excellent work, po! You've managed to add yet another dimension to the concept of Zeal, and as I have said myself -- There can never be too many remixes of a single song, as infinite interpretations and styles to express a piece exist. This shall rank high in my collection.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01092 - Chrono Trigger "Electric Clouds"