OCR01092 - Chrono Trigger "Electric Clouds"

djpretzel

This remix really has a distinct "cloudy" feeling to it. It's floaty, pleasing, and filled with ambience. This is something you could play at some chic hair salon...it makes good background music.

All in all, definitely worth a listen or two. Or three. Or four...

As I've said before, I love pieces that work despite being very "empty". Texx sound's "I Love the Airport" and Bazooie's "Theme" from Wizards and Warriors are some of my favorite on the site. So this was a great listen. The feel from this is so unique. It's sort of electro-jazzy grooviness that still gives off an energy. The violin solo might seem out of place, but it really gives the piece a sweet bridge. The only thing I find a bit...odd...is the snapping. It's so out front. It kinda cuts through and then the lack of reverb makes it awkward. But other than minute little detail, this song's fantastic. Definitely going on my next mix CD. Oh, and po!, I missed you. Make more songs, please. ^_^

I was kinda skeptical about downloading it at first because I am not a big fan of CT music, but I did anyway. This remix really is great. The violin part was my favorite, because violin is my favorite instrument. But.. I have to agree.. I don't like the snaps/clicks/whatever it is either. It's kind of loud, and gets irritating after a while. My opinion.

I disagree with dethgrwl.

The synth melody and the violin sound very natural.

Po! plays them smoothly, and it makes a great contrast with

the drums sounding quite mechanical, "square"-programmed.

The e-piano chords change from usual and simple major and minor ones,

that you can ear in a lot of other mix.

(sorry for my too bad english writing...)

• 4 months later...

This emoticon does not do my feelings justice: :D

I am in love with this song, one of the best I've heard in a while, definitely my favourite CT mix thus far (KLuTz is in another category).

So smooth, shows such musical comprehension, the chord progressions are perfect, the samples are high quality and the variations of the melody are spot on.

10/10 Gorgeous, make more like it!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I will warn you now, I tend to be unduly harsh on all but the most excellent pieces. However, though it didn't really sound BAD, I honestly did NOT like this piece and cannot recommend it. Good chord progression, yes, good countermelody, yes, but it was, as well as I can describe, lukewarm. Not hot, as is Temporal Distortion and Incredible Singing Robot, nor cold, as in the original Time Circuits or Blue Skies Over Guardia, but somewhere halfway between, and I really don't like that. Once again, I cannot recommend this piece.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

God I love this mix

Po does a great job on this one! So laid back, relaxing. I love Po!'s work!

The first part reminds of Thread's of Fate.

In fact this whole song reminds of something. It feels like I know the song even though I've only played Chrono Trigger for 5 mins.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked this a lot... I put it on the first CD I burned of remixes from this site. Like a lot of people, Time Circuits was one of my favorite VGM tracks ever, and this is a really neat version.

The chords and beat are kind of hip-hop/jazz style, and the violin is a nice touch.

It's got a great groove.

• 2 months later...

like the rhodes to the past remix, i LOVE this particular sonic choice... these 2 mixes are quite similar, and if you enjoyed this one, try Fatty Acid's Rhodes to the Past remix in the chrono trigger section... VERY similar in leads...

i LOVE this remix's slightly upbeat jazzy feel.. it has that "im happy but not overjoyed, yet slightly relieved" feel to it... great relaxing music

GREAT job po! and keep up the good work

• 3 months later...

The original was good to, but this one was definitly more happier, if you know what I mean... You don´t? Well listen anyway.

The xylofone in the beginning got my interest from the very beginning, and later one came the calm and soothing synth. I guess everybody already said this 135,7 times, but I´m saying it again: that violin IS beautiful.

Keep it up po!-dude. 8)

I said I would never write one of these, but this song has compelled me to go back on that promise. Words can't express how much I love this song. The beat is great, the lead synth is awesome, the violin is wonderful, but what really makes this song my favorite OC Remix is the electric piano chords. They add so much depth to the song. Whenever I listen to this song, I feel like it takes me to another place, and that's the highest compliment I can pay to a song. Whenever I want to introduce someone to OCR, this is the song I use. Excellent work po!.

I'm not too good with technicalities in terms of how to rate a song (but I'm learning). I love this song none-the-less. It brought back fond memories. The beat is steady, catchy, and the melody of the song is absolutely dream-like. The synth in my opinion was well arranged, as well as the violin. Best remix of all the "Zeal" ones out there. Keep it coming!

• 2 months later...

This sounds cliche I know, but this track is absolutely beautiful. The choice of style (modern jazz) complements the exceptional violin playing, and the arrangment is nothing short of amzing. I love how there is a kind of play between the up-beat sound percussion/bass and the mellow acoustics of the violin. The real kicker for me is the fact that even the synth that is used frequently in the peice doesn't distract, but adds to the over all flow.

Amazing. I only wish I'd discovered this piece earlier.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01092 - Chrono Trigger "Electric Clouds"