The Evolution of OCR

Bahamut

I don't necessarily assume a comment or statement is necessarily an attack. I take a dispassionate view on statements made, assess the reasoning behind them & the implications they have, and then make a comment.

Ah, but no matter what you say it'll always be interpreted differently based on the temperament of those that read it. If you write something in as neutral of a fashion as possible, if someone is really pissed off they'll read it as an attack, or if someone is really happy they'll take it as a compliment.

Thus, your neutrality will be in vain :P.

Final Fantasy is still getting the shit Remixed out of it and mods are still picky, if not pickyer.

What an opinionated statement.

Howabout everyone take a day and relax from posting in this thread, and just let the nerves calm.

We all have the gift of choice - we can choose to argue and make fools of ourselves, or we can choose to better ourselves, and others. These options are not exclusive to each other.

Shame we don't have a 2cents emoticon. :tomatoface:

/sacrasm on

Oh, and that's ReMixed, thank you very much.

/sarcasm off

What are you talking about? There's no antagonism in his tone. If anything it's just a hackneyed expression. As for the judges being picky, that can be interpreted any which way, including as a neutral statement.

His statement regarding the place not having really changed is the most interesting thing related to the thread.

I mean the place hasn't really changed since the Deletion of Unmod. After learning of the dark drama behind that tho' I couldn't stand the idea of this place anymore, or at least the people running the place.

So lemme guess, you heard a version of events that probably was highly inaccurate, and then you make a blanket statement on all of the staff :? .

Dammit I gotta go to sleep, only made it 13 pages into this thread...lets see. It started with some upset dude, then he went away for a while about the time djp hacked VGMix, that is, IF he actually exists...an insurrection cause Sixto got NO'd, Doug owes Larry five bucks...or was it a confession?

I dunno. It was a lot to read, some big posts. Then Larry said:

e-penis

and thats where I stopped.

Its best to stop when you get to e-penis. Good Policy.

So lemme guess, you heard a version of events that probably was highly inaccurate, and then you make a blanket statement on all of the staff :? .

Nope, anything I read about it was pretty much the same thing. As to the whole blanket thing, I can't remember since it's been what 3 or 4 years? I remember I was kind of disgusted with the BIG NAMES in charge. After some of the things I read from those BIG NAMES in IRC it all seemed rather accurate enough for me to form the opinion that they were unsavory judges/mods/popular remixers (Oh wait sorry ReMixers :roll: )/people to deal with.

So, am I in bannable territory yet or what?

Nope, anything I read about it was pretty much the same thing. As to the whole blanket thing, I can't remember since it's been what 3 or 4 years? I remember I was kind of disgusted with the BIG NAMES in charge. After some of the things I read from those BIG NAMES in IRC it all seemed rather accurate enough for me to form the opinion that they were unsavory judges/mods/popular remixers (Oh wait sorry ReMixers :roll: )/people to deal with.

So, am I in bannable territory yet or what?

All I see are accusations without merit. Have you neglected some of the crap done to some of the people you're probably referencing first, and without good reason? I wager you have, because otherwise you wouldn't have come to that conclusion. I was just a lurker/noob poster back then, but it didn't take someone really involved to see the vicious bullshit that some people on staff & otherwise had to endure, and oftentimes didn't even provoke.

Oh, sorry I didn't keep logs. I didn't think I'd be standing before court for all this.

No, I didn't neglect the plight of the BIG NAMES. I was well aware of the Sidebar Wars and found it rather rediculious that posters were getting up in arms over it. So much so that I did this since I was playing MGS3:Subsistance at the time.Thesidebarwar1.png

I was keeping it logical until I heard stories from both sides and both lead me to think lesser of the BIG NAMES. I was neutral about it till then, cause I thought the BIG NAMES were right but I had fun at UnMod too. So with everything that happened, I found myself not having fun and kept finding myself disgusted with certain people then I did the logical thing... I left.

So why is it a big deal that I don't care for OCR and the BIG NAMES?

So why is it a big deal that I don't care for OCR and the BIG NAMES?

See, but that's not what you said at first - again, if you're going to make an accusation like this

After some of the things I read from those BIG NAMES in IRC it all seemed rather accurate enough for me to form the opinion that they were unsavory judges/mods/popular remixers (Oh wait sorry ReMixers :roll: )/people to deal with.

Then put up or shut up. Unless you're so petty that you get up in arms over one mistake that some of them might've made over the myriad of other mistakes done against them, and in that event, the only thing I can say is I sure hope you don't treat other people like that in daily interactions.

remixers (Oh wait sorry ReMixers :roll: )/people to deal with.

You made me lol. :nicework:

And as for the rest, sorry about misinterpreting your comment. It's so hard to judge emotions and communicate on the intarweb. It strips everything from your statements, and all we're left with are words that always don't convey the meaning we wish them to.

Ok, someone throw a tomato at me, I'm spent. :tomatoface:

See, but that's not what you said at first - again, if you're going to make an accusation like this

Then put up or shut up. Unless you're so petty that you get up in arms over one mistake that some of them might've made over the myriad of other mistakes done against them, and in that event, the only thing I can say is I sure hope you don't treat other people like that in daily interactions.

Dude, I didn't make any accusations other than them being picky, you however accused me of falling for the first story I heard about the mods from some disgruntled UnModder. All I said is I didn't like them or this place and that's fact... I didn't point fingers and said they did stuff or call them names like you did to me. I didn't get up in arms, I got disgusted and left. I pretty much did put up with it and then shut up about it because really, it was all silly. Just as silly as you guys circling around me for not praising OCR right now.

I've been saying the same thing from the beginning, I don't think you've been reading my actually posts. I think you need to take your own advice, if you don't like me not liking everything about this place, put up with or keep quiet about it (or as you say, shut up).

it's not. get over yourself :<

Story.jpg

Um, right... I need to get over myself because others have a problem with my opinion... WAIT, is that what this is all about? Because I haven't been using "IMHO" every time I say I don't like something here?

Not really a big deal that you don't care about the "BIG NAMES" but if you don't care for OCR, why are you here? :tomatoface:

I was looking for someone and now that I got in contact with them I guess I can leave again. Came to this thread to pass time while waiting for a response.

You guys can waste your time arguing back, but I'm not even going to bother coming back to this thread since I got what I needed already. However here's a recap;

-I said this place hasn't really changed after UnMod's deletion.

-I don't care for OCR anymore or the BIG NAMES running it.

You wanna say something go ahead, say how much I suck since I don't agree with you or praise with you, say I'm running away, whatever I don't care anymore (honestly I don't). Baha boy here was in my face and huffing and puffing about me answering him. I don't see this as serious business, but apparently you guys do. So later, I'll try to not let the door hit my ass on the way out.