OCR01094 - Perfect Dark "Silent Ascent"

djpretzel

Cool. Some interesting twists in here that really set this piece aside from a lot of OCRemixes. I must say, you perfectly captured the mood of Perfect in one song. The harder orchestral parts being more the shooting and the earlier parts representing her stealh magic. The transitions are flawless, and the mixing is somewhat creative, with everything being sort of distant, yet with a tight electro drum groove laid over. (I actually thought of Radiohead when I first heard the drums) The harp is, I think, the best aspect of the mix. Coming in at just the right times and adding just the right flavors to the mix. Very nice work, Mr. Baranowsky. I greatly enjoy this piece. :nicework:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't really recognize any of the game music, but that's partially my fault cuz a, I'm not very far, and b, I just borrow the game from my friend. It's beautiful music, but it does seem a little short. Maybe because I like it so much. That's what the repeat button is for, right?

This piece is the best PD remix I've heard, and Mr. Baranowsky deserves five out of five on this

• 7 months later...

As far as I can tell, it's sort of a medley of various bits and pieces from different tracks, strung together in an original melody. The most obvious part is the opening from the Chicago theme at the very beginning, but I've also clearly recognized bits from the Crash Site and Crash Site X themes.

Personally, I really like this remix, even if it isn't clearly recognizable as a remix of a specific track. It still sounds like something you'd hear in the game.

• 2 years later...

The percussion does sound totally like a typewriter; and I completely love it! Orchestral elements were well done, though I kindof wish a few more were a bit closer in the soundfield; a few seemed to be a little too far back to get as much power as they should. The combination of orchestra, synths, piano, and typewriter create a cool soundscape for all kinds of secret-agent adventures.

Pretty good stuff.

• 2 years later...

I love the orchestral section right in the beginning. The slow chords really focus on the sound, which I'm really liking. Then we start with the percussion and synths and I'm really feeling the synths used in this as well as the percussion. Things really work nicely together and keep the 'espionage' feel. Nice work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01094 - Perfect Dark "Silent Ascent"