"Dirty Sam" by Marc Star, remixed

-RK-

Ello,

I started this last night out of boredom. It's a (very) rough sketch, but I like the concept so far. I dont know OCRs policy on using posted remixes to make new remixes, so that's sort of why I'm posting this now; it would be great to hear how this is handled.

The section sampled from Marc Star's song is played after 1:50, just for clarity.

"Dirty Sam" Remix

Thanks for your time.

Last I heard, ocr has no problem with remixes of remixes. I think there's one on the site, tho I don't remember for sure or have any idea which. Ask a judge. It would have to fit the standards for vgm source content, which I couldn't recognize in your wip.

Dirty Sam is one of my old favorites, so I'm kind'a biased. You're gonna have to spice up the sound design or something to keep it interesting like Marc did with the groove. Right now, it's more of a messy sliced up version with the main groove cut out.

Then again, it's a (very) rough sketch, and could be awesome. Good luck with it.

A remix of a ReMix is not going to pass if it's mainly directly sampling the audio of the first ReMix, which is the basically the source tune alongside whatever game theme was the original source. Basically you're doing a traditional remix, not a ReMix.

There's no way this concept would be passed. Besides too much direct sampling of the source, you have sections like :36-1:25 that have nothing to do with any Super Metroid game theme just because it's sampling "Dirty Sam".

Best example of arranging a previous ReMix it in a way we would pass:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00763/

vs.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01251/

Have fun making this remix though, and we'll see how it turns out, but just clarifying that it's outside the scope of what would be accepted. But like most ReMixes, most notably the Ziwtra example, you'd basically have to build your own ReMix from the ground up, even if it's inspired by another ReMix.

Yeah this really sounds like it'll turn into something really unique and fun to listen to :) Although it might not fit the OCR guidelines as Liontamer has pointed out, just go with what you're doing. I'm sure you know that already ^^

Oh while we're talking about guidelines, is their any policy stating that you can't sample from the original sources in your remix? I've always wondered.

Oh while we're talking about guidelines, is their any policy stating that you can't sample from the original sources in your remix? I've always wondered.

From what I'm gathering, it would be the same kind of situation as this. You probably just have to keep the sampling to a minimum.

Oh, and thanks judges for your answers, they're going to help me get this passed.:)