Lemmings WIP

I got this put together one day. I was bored and in a sluggish mood, you'll get the idea.

Nevertheless, it sounds sorta mmmkay to me, but I'd appreciate some feedback.

• June 1st: done some more minor fixing and will provide link to the new WIP soon.

img.php?fid=145

Source:

(best I could get, despite the actual FX from game, if anyone knows a reliable source for this same song, I'd appreciate a link)

One luv, Xeno.

Welcome to ocr, newbie. He linked to ocrwip.fireslash.net, that's what the image is.

Listening on laptop speakers, so can't hear much bass.

Weird note sounding off at 1:41 and later repetitions. Overall, it sounds a bit empty. Adding pads or something else, some chords under thing for at least part of it should help with that. Drum fills and other changes to the drums give it more life (ppl complained about that in the review of my posted remix, ppl are gonna notice it here too). The drums could be processed more, they sound pretty exposed to me (could just be the speakers tho). Actually, everything could be more processed, leads for example often nefeit from some soft delay, and everything sounds better with the right EQ.

Cool source, not hard to hear the similarity. It's pretty repetitive, you might want to mix it up a bit more. Nice work tho.

sorry, IMAGES ARE NOW ON!1!

i would rework the melody at 2:27. the synths are so watery and all treble, they blend together.

maybe try a different instrument for the melody at 2:41. it's such an important part of the arrangement. i like the fact that you included dissonance, just make sure it's the right amount. i'd love to hear the next version.

-geven

i enjoyed v1.1 a lot.

i still think you should change the melody synth. you have so many attack-type synths at once, and just that one sustain-type that repeats. it's ok to remove the instruments and go all drumnbass for a few beats, or vice versa. i would look at the notes and see which ones are not necessary. delete some selectively, so that there are fewer true loops, making each part of the song unique.

-geven

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...