OCR01095 - Chrono Trigger "Blue Skies over Guardia"

djpretzel

When I first listened to this song on the Chrono Symphonic soundtrack, I stopped letting it go on, and listened to the song at least 15 times before letting it move on to number 4 of the tracks, and who can blame me? The bells in this piece really give it a light mood, which fits, as it's set over the Guardia Fair, though it doesn't feel much like a "carnival", as Bummerdude put it. The crescendo in the strings at the beginning really lifts you, and throughout the song, they gave me slight chills. I very much liked the suspended symbol that rolled ever so lightly during the mild section changes. This is defenitely my favourite remix from Chrono Trigger, and in my top five overall.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Once again thanks to OCRemix Radio, I caught wind of this amazing remix. As soon as I heard it, I was instantaneously reminded of Yanni's live version of the song "Santorini". If you're interested in checking it out, the vid's here:

Now when I say this, I don't mean it as an insult (if you severely dislike Yanni) in any way. I love Yanni and I love "Santorini" specifically because it's such an uplifting song. "Blue Skies over Guardia" has that same uplifting and very peppy feeling. Listening to it put a huge smile on my face. I'm swept away to think about the Millennial Fair... patrons betting on the racers... parents buying candies and balloons for their kids... maybe even Chrono trying to prove to Marle and Lucca how cool he is by how many mugs of soda he can gulp down as quickly as possible. I positively love songs that take me away and make me feel like I can fly. "Blue Skies over Guardia" does exactly that.

I have often heard the comparison between Santorini and Blue Skies Over Guardia made, and that's not too far off. Santorini is one of my favorite songs. While the similarities you hear weren't intentional when I was writing this mix, I realized only a few weeks later that it had been a huge, subconscious influence.

So yes, the Santorini connection is there.

This song seems perfect for the Millenial Fair, to make the world seem happy right before Marle and Chrono are sucked into the past. The clapping at 2:48 seems a little bit too synthetic, though. Other than that, this is music that I would put into my Chrono Trigger Movie!

By the way, Darkesword, I'm trying to get permission from all of the remixers on the Chrono Symphonic project to use the remixes and script in a live-action Chrono Trigger Movie. Do I have permission to use your Remixes?

Quite frankly I never, ever, ever would've thought of "Guardia Millennial Fair" being remixed to sound like that. When I think of it, I think of just kinda skipping around from attraction to attraction. Your remix takes me above and beyond that, looking at the occasional loose balloon passing by. I say that if there was any song to be influenced by, it's Santorini. I heard your remix and the words "Holy shit! That's so fucking awesome!" came out of my mouth, then hopped in my bed, closed my eyes and drifted away.

You did a fantastic job, intentional or not. I <3 Blue Skies. :)!!

Quite frankly I never, ever, ever would've thought of "Guardia Millennial Fair" being remixed to sound like that. When I think of it, I think of just kinda skipping around from attraction to attraction. Your remix takes me above and beyond that, looking at the occasional loose balloon passing by. I say that if there was any song to be influenced by, it's Santorini. I heard your remix and the words "Holy shit! That's so fucking awesome!" came out of my mouth, then hopped in my bed, closed my eyes and drifted away.

You did a fantastic job, intentional or not. I <3 Blue Skies. :)!!

I always intend to do a fantastic job.

As for permission, I'm fine with it, as long as you don't use the Chrono Symphonic version of this song. Use this version. The CS version was tweaked slightly at the behest of Compyfox for better integration with the rest of the album, but this is the definitive version.

As for permission, I'm fine with it, as long as you don't use the Chrono Symphonic version of this song. Use this version. The CS version was tweaked slightly at the behest of Compyfox for better integration with the rest of the album, but this is the definitive version.

What's wrong with the Chrono Symphonic Version? Is it that I need Compyfox's permission too? Or do you just like this version better?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01095 - Chrono Trigger "Blue Skies over Guardia"