OCR01095 - Chrono Trigger "Blue Skies over Guardia"

djpretzel

When I first heard this mix, I thought: "this is a happy-type song." Well it still was from start to finish, and it did give me the sense of flying through the air, as shariq wanted the listener to feel like they were. (grammar?) Anyway, I liked it, and hopefully the next person that reads this did too.

This is just a fantastic mix. I enjoyed the upbeat opening, and it certainly became more epic as the mix went on. At first I thought "Okay, fine... yeah... millenial faire kind of stuff." but then the horn came in, and backgrounds start building on it, with the (what was either bassoon, clarinet, or oboe), and then the bells and piano and strings come together to make a very emotional point in the song.

It really does sound heroic and much like flying. Some songs give you pictures in your mind - and this one made me picture a huge landscape of forest, a majestic castle, and peaceful town... which when I think about it, is exactly the map of Guardia from Chrono Trigger!

This really is a brilliantly put together mix, and I think it really showed the strength that some instruments can carry with dynamics. I won't say anymore, but I highly recommend this one to be downloaded. Great work.

After 2:30 into the song, I started to really enjoy this. Being as it was my favorite part from the original piece. It's so eargasmic. I like your idea of converting the song into 7/8, although some parts of the song wound have sounded better in its original 6/8 scale. Wouldn't you agree? Well, probably not. You're the artist. :) I really like this one.. although I'm not too hard to please.

Wow, nice work changing a piece completely. Not often enough do remixers change song's time signatures. You pulled it off very well, if I do say so myself. And the whole "flying" theme, although a tad cliche, really does come through in the song. 7/8 is a great time signature, and you pulled it off quite well, I must say. Keep the magic comin DarkeSword! And nice work. :nicework:

I really enjoy this piece. It's very flowing, smooth, and pleasing to the ear.

I love the bells, and the buildup, and, well, everything. It's a nice, Get-You-In-A-Good-Mood piece. After a few seconds of listening, I started grinning, and didn't stop till it ended. Then I hit play again, and grinned some more. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I found this composition building more and more intense and wonderful as it progressed. The smooth transitions are key to this songs success.

I do not share the "Cheesy music" factor with the previous guy, I actually find it epic as previously stated. Good work.

Make more!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know why I never reviewed this before because it has always been one of my favourite remixes ever.

It's lovely throughout and always keeps a certain loveable charm about it, this song is probably what made me want to get into remixing. Majestic and wonderful, I love it.

One other reason why I love this so much is that these were the songs I listened to before doing music, so I wasn't critical about music at all, so even today I don't think anything bad about this. Lucky you DS.

I'd rate this the lovely 10/10 cause it's great stuff.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I´m speechless....

Okay, maybe not.

Compared to the original, which also was very

good, this remix is a complete facelift.

It´s not a fair, it´s green grassfields below

the blue sku. It´s not carnevalish music,

it´s philharmonic. And it´s not Gato,

it´s DarkeSword.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01095 - Chrono Trigger "Blue Skies over Guardia"