SFA 2- Sakura's Theme (Trance Mix)

Jewbei

Hey everyone its been awhile i know i know another wip i couldnt finish my last one but i will when i get the idea's flowing again for that mix. This is a remix to sakura's theme from Street fighter alpha 2 (and i guess SF 4 being that the arranged version is in it) but yeah it has some of bLiNds influence pratically white skies club mix. now my main thing is im thinking about making this a club mix being that how i have it arranged. Well enjoy i will be updating this reguarly being that i really want to sub this. Any feeback will be appreciated ...Peace!

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHzbjJGuHMk

Remix UPDATE:

stats.png

Nice Track <3

Is this Sytrus for the Synths and 3xOsc for the Bass? How do you get them to sound so clean? *-*

The Solo Synth String Section at the end sounds pretty good alongside with the Swish and the Brassy synth. I Hope to listen to this piece in a finished state... Go on Jewbei *cheers*

Nice Track <3

Is this Sytrus for the Synths and 3xOsc for the Bass? How do you get them to sound so clean? *-*

The Solo Synth String Section at the end sounds pretty good alongside with the Swish and the Brassy synth. I Hope to listen to this piece in a finished state... Go on Jewbei *cheers*

hey man thanks for the kind words. as for the sounds let me give you a lil run down,

the bass is actually layered 2 instances Oddity plus 1 instance of Zebra.

im only using one instance of sytrus which is the plucked chords everything eles is Zebra...pads and that lead synth all zebra.

and the clean sound....is all about mastering EQ'ing properly and compression

This WIP isn't getting enough love atm. It's one of those "quiet" trance mixes that I really dig. CHICANE, that's what it reminds me of! Keep goin with this man, awesome stuff. (That Sytrus plucking synth is just perfect, how'd you make it? whenever I try to morph my own plucked synths they always have a sort of hiss or sharpness to them)

Now let's see, things to add...I'm thinking the only thing that could change is the ending section where the synth string plays alone. I feel like there should be more in the soundscape, something ambient but rhythmic, to maintain the energy of the mix you created in the previous sections. I would add anything from whispy vocals to delayed + filtered hats. Other than that, that's all I have to offer. Great great stuff!

Gotta agree with ambient about the lead dude. It sounds good in spurts, but overall it does not seem to gel with the track. The sound choice for it is ok, it's mainly the composition of the melody that doesn't sit right with me. IMO take a listen to Lethal Industry. Maybe go with a simpler composition for the lead like that song.

IMO Yahel - Voyage is prob the best example to go with in order to get the melody to sit right with other harmonic elements. Get the transitions hitting harder to fit with the climactic moments in the melody.

The breakdown is sounding pretty cool dude! :) This one def has lots of promise make sure not to forget the simple elements to help support and strengthen transitions and repetitive elements!

I was about to say I hate you for making such great trance. But then you had to go ahead and pick that lead. Maybe it's a purely stylistic choice, but I am not feeling it. Everything else is fantastic, the beats, the synths. The mix is really jumping. Just not digging that lead.

'

Ambient i totally agree the lead doesnt gel well but i choose it because i felt it would bring out the track more, ive ran through all of my sounds ...couldnt find anything maybe i can see if i can get avaris to make a few sounds.

Boost a bit of the high end and cut out the midrange on the hi-hats/percussion. It'll help the synths to breathe a bit more.

The intro has good pacing! :) Would of liked a lil bit more of a hint the melody was gonna start. I know you got the bigger transition for when the backing pads come in, but just something small.

Timing for the breakdown was spot on.

The melody def sits better I don't think it's the best part of the this track, everything else around it is. So def focus on brining out those elements and letting them shine as they're the biggest ear candy.

Kudos on a kick ass update dude!

Guys, guys, take it easy, I was just quoting the sample "cut the midrange drop the bass" popularized by the House Crew. The sentence that avaris put together just reminded me of that.

1:22 - the original sample used in a million of techno tracks since.

silly me..thanks for clearing that up..that track is hot though

Jewbei, this is sick. I can tell that over the years you've been refining your mastering skills, and this is a good representative of where you're at right now. I can hear the Chicane influence that someone mentioned earlier.

As for improvements, I don't have much to suggest. Maybe one thing you can work on is the first lead synth. It could be a little thicker (maybe doubling/chorus), and if you could tighten the portamento at all (it could be the delay that's throwing me off) that would be great. I actually like the second synth a lot and it sits nicely in the mix, so that one is fine.

Good work man, hope to see this one on the main page soon!