SFA 2- Sakura's Theme (Trance Mix)

Jewbei

Yeah man, this has definitely come a long way since i first heard it. The production on it spot on. The bass jumps out but doesn't clip or distort the overall track at all. The synths you use are nice. They really help shape the song and the chord progression is perfect as well.

I don't really have much to say other that i think its just about ready!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Ambient wrote a nice ass arp for me to help me with my backing chords so being that he did that this is a collab now i couldnt had gotten far in this mix without his help. the mastering needs a lil more cleaning up and im still trying to find some more sounds so i will be buying more sounds for my vst's between this week or next week so the next update will get a facelift on the sounds and the mastering.

also im still trying to find a good main lead ..so ignore the current ones.

enjoy lemme know what you guys think.

stats.png

I love the tune until 2:42 when the synthline starts im getting a bit overstrained from the mix. I somehow imagine another Lead-synth from this point on. From 3:40 its gettin back to a good feeling. The first 3/4 part is flawless in my opinion, but the rest needs to be polished.

GoGoGo Jewbei <3

I love the tune until 2:42 when the synthline starts im getting a bit overstrained from the mix. I somehow imagine another Lead-synth from this point on. From 3:40 its gettin back to a good feeling. The first 3/4 part is flawless in my opinion, but the rest needs to be polished.

GoGoGo Jewbei <3

thanks for the words...but yeah im very aware of the mastering issue so im working hard on that as we speak because some of the sounds bleeds into each other so that will be fix in the next update

Ok, so I feel totally stupid since I can't figure out a shortcut for private messages from the forums. But whatever. I have some comments, and they are mostly related to the track structure.

1:06 - I am not completely sold on that lead yet. I think it is just a little too in-your-face, tone it down a little, put some verb or delay on it. I know you are not committed to it yet, but I don't think you need to replace it, just tweak it a little.

2:15 - instead of the lead, you should probably filter in the arp at this point, probably just the first couple of measures. Then when the mix comes in full force, bring in the lead. But, I am not so sure my arp flows with the lead well. When I made the arp, I was designing it more as a lead in itself. Actually, I think it plain clashes with the lead.

Let's do this. Mix down the track exactly how it is, minus the arp and minus the lead after the 2:07 mark. I will get it from you over aim. I will play with it for a bit and see if I can come up with some ideas. If not, feel free to drop the arp altogether. Your mix has a lot of potential and I don't want anything holding it back.

I had high hopes for this in the intro cuz it actually sounds like it COULD be a commercial trance tune. The offbeat thirds should probably be higher/away from the bassline and that lead, as others have mentioned doesn't match the slickness of the drive that's been established. It has potential though. The basics are there.

Also maybe try the breakdown before the melody line comes in, even if for your own interest, no need to release it. See how a big "energy off" moment goes and then the lead plays during that..

BTW I listened to the link on the first post of the first page. Not sure if thats the latest..

I had high hopes for this in the intro cuz it actually sounds like it COULD be a commercial trance tune. The offbeat thirds should probably be higher/away from the bassline and that lead, as others have mentioned doesn't match the slickness of the drive that's been established. It has potential though. The basics are there.

Also maybe try the breakdown before the melody line comes in, even if for your own interest, no need to release it. See how a big "energy off" moment goes and then the lead plays during that..

BTW I listened to the link on the first post of the first page. Not sure if thats the latest..

The most recent link is on page 3 at the bottom.

Ok, so I feel totally stupid since I can't figure out a shortcut for private messages from the forums. But whatever. I have some comments, and they are mostly related to the track structure.

1:06 - I am not completely sold on that lead yet. I think it is just a little too in-your-face, tone it down a little, put some verb or delay on it. I know you are not committed to it yet, but I don't think you need to replace it, just tweak it a little.

2:15 - instead of the lead, you should probably filter in the arp at this point, probably just the first couple of measures. Then when the mix comes in full force, bring in the lead. But, I am not so sure my arp flows with the lead well. When I made the arp, I was designing it more as a lead in itself. Actually, I think it plain clashes with the lead.

Let's do this. Mix down the track exactly how it is, minus the arp and minus the lead after the 2:07 mark. I will get it from you over aim. I will play with it for a bit and see if I can come up with some ideas. If not, feel free to drop the arp altogether. Your mix has a lot of potential and I don't want anything holding it back.

dont worry man your not holding me back..if anything with your contribute it had really helped me out with the mix. and im working on your arp with the mix i fixed it so it doesnt clash with the lead.

This sounds amazing so far, Jewbei. One thing that I'm having trouble finding in your mix is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDO8Yc-QJE

From 00:22 - 00:52. It could be hidden your mix. Sometimes things need to be pointed out to me. But yeah, my only concern is that a large portion of the source seems to be missing. I'll have another listen and try to find those parts. I love Sakura's theme, and so far, I'm loving your interpretation of it. :-)

This sounds amazing so far, Jewbei. One thing that I'm having trouble finding in your mix is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDO8Yc-QJE

From 00:22 - 00:52. It could be hidden your mix. Sometimes things need to be pointed out to me. But yeah, my only concern is that a large portion of the source seems to be missing. I'll have another listen and try to find those parts. I love Sakura's theme, and so far, I'm loving your interpretation of it. :-)

actually it is hidden you see for example the chords in the intro of the original source track which starts at :02 is in the mix the plucked chords you hear it come in at :42 and i didnt add the rest of the source yet

hey bro, it sounds good and i definately hear the white skies stuff but remember that riff in the breakdown thats in the 6th octave or so is actually from the original gagazet theme, i didnt write that for the remix :P

I guess my advice is to do a low cut on the lead, it becomes a little overbearing and clashes with the low mids (partly bass drum mostly bass) keep it up man you have advanced so much in the past year!

Pain in the ass logging in on the berry, but I absolutely had to. Great going man, awesome progress on the mix, agree on the comments about the lead, but once that's fixed, get a good outro in there and it should be all set. I'm glad you fixed up the arp to flow a little better with the lead. One day we should do a proper collab.

hey bro, it sounds good and i definately hear the white skies stuff but remember that riff in the breakdown thats in the 6th octave or so is actually from the original gagazet theme, i didnt write that for the remix :P

I guess my advice is to do a low cut on the lead, it becomes a little overbearing and clashes with the low mids (partly bass drum mostly bass) keep it up man you have advanced so much in the past year!

ahh thanks bLiNd i didnt expect to see you round these neck of the woods. yeah about that lead im still trying to figure out what ima change it to im buying some more soundbanks for my vst's soon hopefullly that'll give me some more options. And yeah thanks man i try i do a lot of studying trance wise to pick up on new techniques and the advice you gave me years ago is finally starting to pay off :razz:

Pain in the ass logging in on the berry, but I absolutely had to. Great going man, awesome progress on the mix, agree on the comments about the lead, but once that's fixed, get a good outro in there and it should be all set. I'm glad you fixed up the arp to flow a little better with the lead. One day we should do a proper collab.

hey ambient yeah im def gonna get rid of that lead and yeah man im glad you wrote the arp it really helped me to progress with the mix and yes we shall do a proper collab youre the arp master lol