OCR01850 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World "Go the Distance"

Juan's so modest: He didn't mention that he turned this one around in less than 3 days, almost as fast as he got me the Fighting of the Spirit remix. This guy's crazy!

This track was actually pretty much an entirely unplanned, last minute deal (it was the very last song finished for the project, in fact. It was also the last one started for it too, hehe). Nutritious and Joker had been frequenting the forums and knew about the plan for bonus tracks, so they had already cranked their two remixes out. The project was done after that and we had planned releasing with just those two, but Juan randomly came to me on IRC and asked if we needed more tracks, so I tossed him a few of the original DotNW songs for ideas. He picked up on this one real quick, and the rest as they say, is history.

This is an epic track. Par for the course, maybe even a birdie or eagle, for Sixto as far as I'm concerned. Screw it, he gets an albatross for the tracks from SoS. (That's 3 under par, look it up) This one for sure. And, to be honest, I just stuck this track, and the other two, onto disc 4 of the album in iTunes when I downloaded it. Regardless, great track as usual. And the amount of time this track was finished in? I expect nothing less after hearing the rest of Sixto's work. He's got it down to a science! He gets a doctorate in epicity!

This is Tales of Symphonia: The Fast and the Furious. This remix is awesome, and I don't often say that about mixes with so much heavy guitar. It get's the blood pumping if you know what I mean. I absolutely love the violin thrown in there as well. Great work, can't wait to hear more from you! :)

I'd like to officially say (because I'm not sure if I've said it before, and if I haven't, I'm sorry) that Sixto Sounds is my favorite ReMixer on this site. I love every single track that has come from him - he never fails to amaze me with just how awesome the songs are. Go the Distance is no exception. Keep it up, man, the stuff you do is an inspiration.

(It's not even my favorite genre, and I still love this guy.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I were wearing pants, the violins in this track would make them happy. Yeah, I said it.

The intro's got that ...I don't know how to describe it. Japanese influence, I guess. And it just kicks right into the heavy stuff I've come to expect from this remixer. No complaints, except from the downstairs neighbor when I cranked it to 11 and maxed the bass box on my second listen.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01850 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World "Go the Distance"