Left 4 Dead 2 - now $6.80 on Steam!

The Damned

http://www.destructoid.com/-scavenge-multiplayer-mode-in-left-4-dead-2-revealed-151332.phtml

Sounds kind of like an idea I had after the first one came out, namely where you had to carry a propane tank to the end of a level, to light a barbecue... for some reason. I think it was a joke mod or something.

Maybe we can get my dream achievement; Gas Can Man. Kill 1000 zombies by meleeing them with a gas can.

Man, now I wonder what the new ones will be like.

Has anyone noticed on Crash Course, that Tanks don't seem to spawn outside of the finale? I've played at least twelve versus matches in the last few days, and I have not seen a tank once. How the fuck are you supposed to get the new achievement for hitting people with a car if you never become the tank?

Maybe they should have applied it to the other maps as well, at least that way, you could have a chance at it.

Are they gonna have codes you have to enter for it? Cause if so I would totally do that. I might just wait on that and the demo access then give that to someone who wants it really bad.

Hmmm that's a good point, I'm not really sure how the in-game bat will work. It could be a code put in the sealed boxes, it could be a sheet of paper, or it could be programmed into the GameStop discs. The demo access will most likely be a sheet of paper available way before the game comes out, but the bat may be one of those "available at pickup" items which would suck.

ahh

"How it'll work is, if you're playing with somebody that's pre-ordered it, everybody playing gets it," confirms Left 4 Dead writer Chet Faliszek.

not like this had any impact on my decision or anything, but it basically seems to me like just another version of the "outbreak" achievement. whoopidee doo.

The baseball bat will be available in both the PC and Xbox 360 version of the game. I eagerly await the trendy Valve haters who will find a way to claim this is evil and bad somehow.

lol, true.

*EDIT*

Oh hey, pretty good news for Aussies, it seems Valve has an edited version of L4D specifically for them. I mean, it's a compromise, but hey, better than nothing, right? http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25571