Left 4 Dead 2 - now $6.80 on Steam!

The Damned

New achievements for Left4Dead 2 have been posted, courtesy of the X-Box 360 Achievements site. While these re for the 360 version, they will almost certainly be identical for the PC version.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/left-4-dead-2/achievements/

New weapons mentioned include a "bile bomb", which when you think about the "Robbed Zombie" one (collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed), I think you use these vials to create a bomb that attracts common infected towards a special infected. Boomer turnabout?

And then there are the ones about using a defibrillator. I haven't heard of that yet... it seems you maybe able to use an item to get a recently killed survivor back to live. I'm thinking this won't be in Versus, though.

And then there are the ones about using a defibrillator. I haven't heard of that yet... it seems you maybe able to use an item to get a recently killed survivor back to live. I'm thinking this won't be in Versus, though.

Seems it is:

HEARTWARMER: In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.

Though at this point, who knows how it works.

Yes, it has to be played on steam on PC. No way around it unless you hack it.

ok, thanks, that's good to know. I'm not all that familiar with pc online gaming,

but I loved the first Left 4 Dead and a game that intense must be played with a keyboard and mouse.

And steam just gives the pc that xbox live community feel.

edit

@big giant circles

Well, for whatever reason the games I download from steam don't run anywhere near as well as my hard copy versions,

I've even played Left 4 Dead on disk and on steam on this very computer and the steam one just doesn't work well, even in single player.

Personally I don't really see the point of buying hard copies of games anymore if you don't have to.

I bought the orange box and l4d1 hard copy just for the reason that I uninstall and reinstall games constantly, so it stops me from downloading all the time. But since I have 70 games on steam now and 98% of them are download only, I'm more for that.

I bought the orange box and l4d1 hard copy just for the reason that I uninstall and reinstall games constantly, so it stops me from downloading all the time. But since I have 70 games on steam now and 98% of them are download only, I'm more for that.

I edited my post to answer big giant circles but your reason is very good.

Personally I don't really see the point of buying hard copies of games anymore if you don't have to.

If they cost the same price, I feel as though getting something physical out of it is more rewarding. 40$ in downloadable software just feels like a rip. I know the actual cost price is only marginally more, but ignorance is bliss. Pluuuus you could always pawn it if you choose to.

You can create backup copies through Steam to burn to disc. You can even backup multiple games at once, but chances are that if they were l4d and any Orange Box game, you'd still need two DVD-Rs, or one dual layer DVD-R.

(DVD-R could be either DVD-R or DVD+R)

Not having to deal with the clutter of 70+ boxes is one of the strong reasons I prefer the download system.

I mean, I'm not anti-hard copy or anything. I just personally prefer to have a mobile/modular digital system lately. I'm also cool with "well, I really love this game, and want to have something tangible to look at and read/touch/make out with" ;)

You can create backup copies through Steam to burn to disc. You can even backup multiple games at once, but chances are that if they were l4d and any Orange Box game, you'd still need two DVD-Rs, or one dual layer DVD-R.

(DVD-R could be either DVD-R or DVD+R)

Can you remove the download from your pc and just use the backup disc the same as a physical copy?