Left 4 Dead 2 - now $6.80 on Steam!

The Damned

Not necessarily. I think it's a mentality that's pretty much been adopted by all. Perhaps the biggest demographic for L4D is probably kids from 16-25, but the "I deserve everything I want on my own terms with little to nothing in return" attitude is kind of prevalent in most people these days.

It's a sign of the times. Everyone doesn't remember that just a short few years ago, people had this little thing called patience and were able to hold themselves without injury until something was released, or granted properly, or given when it was released. People whining about this are just another facet of the multi-marked sign of the times we live in. A world without patience, without honor.

Haha. Man, I love reading all the shit storm threads on Steam's forums for L4D2. Haha.

While I don't think the crazy rage that people are having is necessarily appropriate, to be completely fair to those raging over the demo's delay, Valve shouldn't set a deadline, then delay it, then delay it again. I can see how some more immature/impatient people might be frustrated with that. If they would have been a little more conservative to begin with, this could have been avoided. I know Valve wants to get the game out to the people, but had they just said the game will be out conservatively on Oct 30th to begin with, then this whole thing could have been avoided. I think people just don't like feeling like they're getting jerked around. If you say you're gonna do something at a specific time you should do it. Is the delay worth the internet rage going on? Of course not.

Am I a little bummed the demo isn't out when it was supposed to? Sure, I'm a little bummed. Not enough to be angry about it though, I know i'll get to play it in a few hours, so no biggie. It's the same thing that happened last year with L4D1's demo. I know me and my buddies are really looking forward to the demo. We had planned to meet up and play it today, but when it was delayed earlier today, we just met up and played L4D1 instead, and scheduled a meetup the next evening to play the L4D2 demo together.

And anyway, Valve is always great to its community. Last year they extended the demo period for everyone after delays and problems occurred, and with all the extra DLC they offer a simple 24 hour delay is not a big deal at all. God help those people that are raging over a 24 hour delay.

It's seriously ridiculous to see all this rage over a simple 24 hour delay.

People are going nuts on the Steam forums. I like Gabe Newell and I don't like it when people dis him for his weight whenever Valve is in the news, but one guy caused a guilty laugh in me. I think he said something like Gabe Newell must have dropped a hoagie into L4D2's main server. Again, a very guilty lawl there. hehe.

Anyway, the Xbox360 demo is live, and all the posts over at GameFAQS (ewww! GameFAQS msg board!) have a lot of cool info... that said, I'm trying to avoid big reveals in the game so I can experience it for myself with my buddies.

Honestly, I'm really surprised by the majority of posts that like the new survivors as much as (if not more than) the old L4D1 survivors. Apparently, the chatter going on throughout the demo is a big improvement. Glad to see mostly everyone enjoying the new survivors.

Anyway, off to bed I go for class in the morning, and by the afternoon I'll have my hands on a new toy. :D

It preloaded the demo again for me, so I'm guessing that they had to rework something on it really quick to get it ready. But seriously, there are threats to sue valve for this on their forum, people bitching they took off work yesterday to play it and want compensation for it, etc. It's beyond ridiculious to expect a game demo that will last 20 minutes tops to be something to rage over this much. I wish we would go back to the old days of pc game demos on disc in game magazines only, that'd show this lazy basement dwellers who's boss :D

It preloaded the demo again for me, so I'm guessing that they had to rework something on it really quick to get it ready. But seriously, there are threats to sue valve for this on their forum, people bitching they took off work yesterday to play it and want compensation for it, etc. It's beyond ridiculious to expect a game demo that will last 20 minutes tops to be something to rage over this much. I wish we would go back to the old days of pc game demos on disc in game magazines only, that'd show this lazy basement dwellers who's boss :D

People are such morons.

I TOOK OFF WORK SO I COULD PLAY A DEMO OF A GAME THAT'S GOING TO BE FULLY AVAILABLE SOON ANYWAY AND I DEMAND COMPENSATION FOR MISSED TIME AND ALSO BECAUSE I AM A TOOL AND UNHAPPY WITH MY LIFE IN GENERAL AND IF I DON'T GET MY WAY I'M GOING TO BE A GENERAL BLEMISH TO MODERN DECENCY AND INFLUENCE A SURPRISING AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME.

I'm not sure how making awesome games suddenly entitled Valve to the absolute worst community of pure shitheads, but it magically happened. If not getting to play a game demo for a few more hours is REALLY the worst of your problems, then shut the hell up and turn on CNN world news or something. Assuming there's even a hair of a shred of sense and human decency in them (I'm sure there's not) they SHOULD see that they really have nothing to complain about. Our society needs some kind of overhaul. I just can't imagine that people acted this way over such trivial things 20+ years ago.

People are such morons.

I TOOK OFF WORK SO I COULD PLAY A DEMO OF A GAME THAT'S GOING TO BE FULLY AVAILABLE SOON ANYWAY AND I DEMAND COMPENSATION FOR MISSED TIME AND ALSO BECAUSE I AM A TOOL AND UNHAPPY WITH MY LIFE IN GENERAL AND IF I DON'T GET MY WAY I'M GOING TO BE A GENERAL BLEMISH TO MODERN DECENCY AND INFLUENCE A SURPRISING AMOUNT OF PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME.

I'm not sure how making awesome games suddenly entitled Valve to the absolute worst community of pure shitheads, but it magically happened. If not getting to play a game demo for a few more hours is REALLY the worst of your problems, then shut the hell up and turn on CNN world news or something. Assuming there's even a hair of a shred of sense and human decency in them (I'm sure there's not) they SHOULD see that they really have nothing to complain about. Our society needs some kind of overhaul. I just can't imagine that people acted this way over such trivial things 20+ years ago.

Fuckin' Amen! :D

Our society needs some kind of overhaul.

I just happen to have come across the virus that causes zombie-ism. Do you have a place we could meet?

I just can't imagine that people acted this way over such trivial things 20+ years ago.

Well, having been old enough to remember how people acted 20+ years ago (soooooo old, I know), I can say that while there was childish behavior along those lines about just about everything, most of us just took what we got in life. In gaming, it was pretty much just that.

Games were a lot different then; there was no internet, so community interaction was non-existent. Companies almost never heard the consumers reactions to anything about their games. Once a game was out, that was it; you played what you got and if you didn't like it, you traded with someone else you knew for something else or you just kept it.

I honestly think gamers are spoiled these days. Online play, high-def, multiplayer games with 60 or more people, stats and bragging rights... None of this existed two years ago. What little there was was limited and rather primitive by today's standards.

Kids got too many cool toys these days.

I just happen to have come across the virus that causes zombie-ism. Do you have a place we could meet?

Well, let me stock up on guns, ammo, and explosives first, and then just hijack a Taco Bell delivery truck or something and let it run it's course.

Well, having been old enough to remember how people acted 20+ years ago (soooooo old, I know), I can say that while there was childish behavior along those lines about just about everything, most of us just took what we got in life. In gaming, it was pretty much just that.

Games were a lot different then; there was no internet, so community interaction was non-existent. Companies almost never heard the consumers reactions to anything about their games. Once a game was out, that was it; you played what you got and if you didn't like it, you traded with someone else you knew for something else or you just kept it.

I honestly think gamers are spoiled these days. Online play, high-def, multiplayer games with 60 or more people, stats and bragging rights... None of this existed two years ago. What little there was was limited and rather primitive by today's standards.

Kids got too many cool toys these days.

True true. I do think that instant, range free global communication (internet mostly) has only thrown gas on the flames. I mean, I'm not saying people didn't pitch tantrums over stupid stuff 20 or more years ago, but I guess back then it was just limited to a person and however far their circle of friends ran. It's pretty common knowledge that people are FAR more likely to complain about something than praise it, so I dunno, I guess the theory is that people may have always been shitheads, but now we've given them the tools to gather together in uncontrollable masses and spread their numbers to not only other shitheads, but those who were sitting on the fence between shitheadedness and non-shitheadedness, as well as the people who are just sheep who go where the masses tell them to go.

It's a sad, sad predicament.

Both. That way we get two sources of entertainment while we wait for the demo.

Which, by the way, is not pushed back another hour, and requited another Steam patch and restart.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/L4D2/events/55327883716288366

I have to wonder what's going on with it now. A series of hold-ups, patching the client it runs on... maybe they are having some really bad issues with the servers that are already set up?

i for one can definitely understand why people are upset

the whole reason people prebought it is so that they can play it one week before everyone else and obviously valve is cutting into that exclusive time now that theyve got people's money which would definitely be enough to make me mad if i was dumb enough to pay for this game just so i can try it a week before people who didnt

i for one can definitely understand why people are upset

the whole reason people prebought it is so that they can play it one week before everyone else and obviously valve is cutting into that exclusive time now that theyve got people's money which would definitely be enough to make me mad if i was dumb enough to pay for this game just so i can try it a week before people who didnt

if the only reason you bought the game was to play it a week before everyone else then you are a dumbass and lol look at me im too cool to use a period and im pretending to make compelling speculation and argument but im not lol

OK, people who have been around long enough, think back:

Has any demo release ever been this problematic, real or imagined? I mean, is this demo's issues as bad as they really are, and how would it compare to other demos releases.

I don't think it's that bad, really. I just think slapping a big "TODAY IN TEN MINUTES!" on their page and then constantly changing it is setting yourself up for some hatemail.

EDIT: And there's some videos covering the game from G4TV. I guess this will tide us over until the demo comes out.

So I've been playing the PC demo with my buddies. I LOVE IT. So many new toys to shoot and blow up. :)

The game feels new yet retains a very similar feel, and I know me and my friends (all together in the same room, pseudo-LAN style) loved seeing the new gore effects and guitar swinging action. We even let out a few simulutaneous Oohs and Aahs, which was fun.

GUITAR HERE!

So many little things I enjoyed. I'm sure I'll ramble on and on about it later after this fangasm ends. I'm really looking forward to the full version. :)

Also, zombies with body armor on are awesome!