Left 4 Dead 2 - now $6.80 on Steam!

The Damned

RELEASE THEM FOR MAC ALREADY! It's the 5th you valvey bastards.

http://www.l4d.com/sacrifice/

Sorry Left 4 Dead owners, the Mac version is coming but we are running a little late. We hope to have it out in time to celebrate Halloween on the Mac. When released, L4D1 Mac players will receive the same great treatment. All the previous released updates and DLC for free and the ability to play an extensive library of community content. More information on the release date as it nears.

sorry broseph :(

From the same page:

Left 4 Dead 2 will be released on the Mac Tuesday October 5th. If you already own it on the PC, then you own it on the Mac. All you need to do is install it on your Mac and start playing.

Since this is the L4D2 thread, I assume he's asking about L4D2 which will be released today, not L4D (which won't).

Ah, good observation. I've sort of blended the two together without meaning to :)

Also, I'm DLing the updates now. Woo!

Speaking of which, the update is larger than I expected.

I'm currently updating the server on l4d2.ocrtf2.com, but it's taking some time because the update is 3.5GB.

Edit: Having said that, I can tell you that some older maps, navigation meshes (for bots) and voiceclips have also been updated.

Server is nearly finished updating. It only has Add-On Support left to update.

Also, L4D/L4D2 are currently on sale on Steam.

$6.79 each, or both for $10.19.

Edit: Someone already changed the topic title... whoops.

Edit 2: l4d2.ocrtf2.com:27015 is now updated and restarting... but the server is configured to check for updates on restart, so this may take a moment before it finds out there are no new updates.

I prefer L4D1, but I SUPPOSE this will do.

I still hate you valve.

EDIT:

Oh so apparently I can't even get L4D2 despite paying for it because their poor widdle servies are too busy. So sorry valve, it's not like I expect you to prepare to game releases properly or anything. You should totally use all that money we just gave you to make a big money bath instead of buying more servers.

So does anyone have any idea what the "surprises" are yet?

There was supposed to be a surprise Monday, but it got pushed to today.

From http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4433

The big surprise today is… there is no surprise and no that isn’t one of Gabe’s three surprises. We have moved today’s surprise to Wednesday.

L4D is unbearable to play when the friends list is down, moreso than any other game on Steam I can think of. Cmon, Valve, get your crap together! (And on a similar note, give me back my toys in TF2).

I assumed it was down to fix the plethora of steam disconnects that have been happening since today's TF2 update.