Metroid: Other M

I have to say that trailer looked mighty impressive...The action heavy-ness doesn't put me off because that's what people have to do for a debut teaser. Its about getting your audience hooked and interested. I'm sure that feeling of exploration/isolation will still exist. While Team Ninja may be making the game, they're still doing so with Nintendo's cooperation.

That being said, I do look forward to where they're taking the story in this one. Voice acting (assuming that's still Jennifer Hale) seems pretty legit too.

Also, if Team Ninja is on board, I'm predicting a return to the "Samus in a Bikini" trend if you complete the game in a certain amount of time. I mean....think about who we're dealing with here =P

They can expand the Metroid universe a lot, bring in new elements other than loneliness on a planet, as long as they stay faithful to Samus and Metroids, it's good. Fusion introduced Adam and dealt a lot more with the galactic federation, was all on a space station, even altered her suit and introduced a new enemy, but we all like it a lot because it stayed true to Samus and Metroids.

... Interesting.

Reminds me very much of Samus's little scene in the beginning of Super Smash Brothers Melee, just the style and how Samus was jumping around like a lunatic.

I'm slightly put off by the new direction, but at the same time I think it'll work. Lord knows how many people said first person would be horrible, and look what we got. I think this will be a fine game

They've tried to expand the Metroid universe a bit in the last few games, and I personally don't think it's gone all that great. I still cringe at the character designs for the other hunters, who look like they were pulled from Rise of the Robots.

Just pretend the whole Prime series didn't happen. I'm certain the story and atmosphere of this new game can't possibly be worse than Prime 3. That trailer was practically proof.

I'm looking forward to this... it's great to finally have a Wii Metroid that's... likely to be very good. In the mean time, maybe I should check out the "new" Ninja Gaiden series. Personally I love that Samus uses moves other than jumping and shooting... there's yet to be a Metroid game that shows off Samus's agility and combat skills, and what her suit is really capable of. The closest thing so far is Zero Mission, with all the crazy fast moves you have to pull off during boss fights.

I remember the "Metroid Movie (what if?)" thread from a few months back... I have to say, if this new game has a story as deep as, say, Metroid Fusion, it'll probably be better than a Metroid movie ^_^

Looks like it'll be pulling stuff from the official manga too. It's possible the "remember me?" guy is one of the manga characters... but maybe not.

Y'know, I've been wanting to see a little more of her Smash Bros. combat put into an actual Metroid game, and so this is going to be extremely interesting.

Also, I have this strange feeling that this game is going to revolve around time travel somehow. First, we have the short-haired Samus who appears to be the main character (and rather young). We also know that Adam is from her past. Coupling these together suggests a possibility of taking place prior to Zero Mission. Then there's the voice that says, "Time to go." Could just be in there 'cause it sounds neat, but they do like to stick hints like that in trailers occasionally. Also, there's the other Samus who appears older and much more like the one we're familiar with. I'm thinking she might possibly be from the future. If it does involve time-travel this will make for one interesting story ('Cause time-loops and paradoxes are fun!) and regardless, it looks like it's going to be pretty awesome. Color me excited!

As soon as I heard "Any objections, lady?" I got goosebumps.

haha

I thought actually hearing it was pretty awkward, although I'm interested in seeing how they pan out the story(which has been something I've been wanting in a Metroid game for a long time), and Team Ninja is quality enough. I still don't feel that great about it though.

With Kojima doing a Castlevania game supposedly, and Team Ninja helping to make a Metroid game...it's like the out-the-left field developer time right now.

I'm just glad Metroid's continuing. It could turn out to be anything at this point.

I liked the first person Prime gameplay, but I'm kinda glad something different's being tried now. I just wish it'd be post Fusion.

Lord, forgive me an appropriate slip of my tongue but ***. ****!

Although, I have to say, those in-game character designs look way way too basic for Metroid in this day and age. It almost looks like the N64 Metroid we always wanted way back in those days.

I noticed Samus's armour was a little bulkier and more brightly-coloured than Prime's, but remember in this case we're not (always) behind her visor, so she needs to stick out amongst the environments so the player can see her at all times.

So awesome.

I'm assuming that's not the game engine. I seriously doubt the Wii could do that. But regardless, those shots look great.

Actually, seeing how far the Wii has come, if you combine that graphical finesse of MP3, SMG, and the Conduit, those shots may not be that far from actuality.

Why wouldn't the Wii be able to do that? Because you're so used to seeing crappy looking shovelware games that this just looks too good to be true? :P

Anyway, towards the end of the video where the other girl appears, theres a split second of an image that says "Living Body Arms Development Lab". So perhaps that could be a clone of Samus?

What is this shit. Needs more NEXTGEN BROWN BLOOOOM

I Lol'd.

Metroid on the PS3/360! Brown is the only color allowed, right? :P

@Bigfoot: Actually, yeah, poor graphics are commonplace on the Wii, except for Nintendo's big guns. But these are like the best graphics on the system yet! Just show this to anyone who ever said the Wii can't do good graphics.

Also, yeah, I noticed that message on the monitor too. Cloning definitely seems like a possibility, though Time travel would be MUCH more interesting.

Obviously, this is the experience Samus alludes to in Fusion. Adam is her Commander, and she's given a much more organized mission (She mentions she doesn't like taking orders, and this is the SECOND time she's done so), so Other M may actually represent Fusion in terms of objectives.

Also, the presence of Mother Brain and the Metroid implies some connection to Super Metroid.

Other "M".

Other "Metroid"?

Alternate timeline/universe? Don't we have enough of that already, Nintendo? (See: Zelda) :tomatoface: