Metroid: Other M

Hm, I suppose that makes sense given the events of the game.

Like I said, it'd be pretty gay to shit all over what the Prime series added to the mythos (which is a LOT).

From the sound of Sakamoto's past interviews, he pretty much snubs the Prime games, and that's a slap in the face of all the work Retro did for that series (That's ten years of work mind you). Sure Prime 2 took the patience of a Saint to complete, and Prime 3's "Halo story" got in the way, but I give Retro credit for making some very interesting places to explore and interesting and memorable bosses.

I still have not had the chance to rent this game, nobody in town has it yet. I'll post my thoughts on it sooner or later. Honestly though, if I don't get the chance to play it, I don't feel like I have really lost out on anything from what I've seen of the game. I know a bunch of you will say otherwise, and that's fine if you love it I have no problem with that, but this game just doesn't look all that appealing. And that's coming from a very dedicated Metroid fan.

100%'d it. I might try hard mode but it's probably gonna be too hard for me because I suck at video games. Basically from what I read its 99 health 10 missiles the whole way through. ffff. Disappointed that there's no reward for the 100% except a two second voice clip of Samus congratulating you at the end.

(edit: oh wait there's no reward for completing the game on hard mode? screw that I'm outta here)

Oh and the timing of the emergency thing going off near the very end has to be the most hilarious thing ever in a Metroid game.

100%'d it. I might try hard mode but it's probably gonna be too hard for me because I suck at video games. Basically from what I read its 99 health 10 missiles the whole way through. ffff. Disappointed that there's no reward for the 100% except a two second voice clip of Samus congratulating you at the end.

(edit: oh wait there's no reward for completing the game on hard mode? screw that I'm outta here)

Oh and the timing of the emergency thing going off near the very end has to be the most hilarious thing ever in a Metroid game.

Haha, I know. Just when you think it couldn't get any more Hallmarky.

I'm probably not even going to try hard mode. I died enough times with energy tanks. :-P

This ^^^

I didn't even play Super Metroid and I know what Mother Brain is. Jeez.

Either you're joking or you haven't seen the final boss of Other M. "Giant space brain" is kind of misleading.

Such a beautiful game. Does anyone else who's completed the game simply love that new track that plays at the title screen? It's an incredibly lovely piece.

No

I want the Metroid theme again :C

Either you're joking or you haven't seen the final boss of Other M. "Giant space brain" is kind of misleading.

There's only one other thing I can think of that would be described as a "space brain thing" and that's a Metroid... I've never heard anyone refer to Metroids as giant space brains. :P

And Mother Brain dies in Super Metroid there's no way she's back in Other M. D:

No

I want the Metroid theme again :C

It changes from the new theme to the original, back and forth. Still, I think I like this new track better.

Also, hard mode is hard.

wow tables you didn't remember phantoon? he doesn't even look like a brain get out

:banghead: Wow. I'm a dumbass. I DID play Super Metroid and I didn't remember him.

But to be fair, he's 200 feet tall now and uses its tentacles and has magic hands and that red laser blackhole landmine thing, and doesn't teleport around.

:tomatoface:

so how long is this game exactly? i'll buy it if its not too short

It can easily be finished within 10 - 14 hours. To me that translates to two afternoons of play :S So two days of entertainment for 50 'bucks'...not worth it. Of course, if I could actually control myself and manage to play two hours a day, then I could enjoy it for at least a week.

So did Ridley, but that didn't stop him from coming back.

ridley doesn't die shut up n00b :banghead:

But for all siwiusness, the people who make metroid games have no idea what the word "death" means unless it has to do with samus's creepy ways of dying.

(visor cracking, blood filling screen, visual heart x ray, suit exploding, etc.)

It can easily be finished within 10 - 14 hours. To me that translates to two afternoons of play :S So two days of entertainment for 50 'bucks'...not worth it. Of course, if I could actually control myself and manage to play two hours a day, then I could enjoy it for at least a week.

This line makes me chuckle since Super Metroid is generally beaten in the same amount of time if you don't rush, and that was $50 when it was released.

I'm still making my way through Sector 1, so I'm a long way from beating the game, but my only real complaint to this point is the somewhat bland music. It's fun stuff so far.

Right. It's too bad there's no way to play a game more than once. Well...back to the store with you, Other M.

Lol, it's true. I don't know what people expect from games these days: is a 10 hour single player adventure really that short? Besides, going for 100% and trying again on hard mode really extend the game.

I beat the prime games in around 13 hours each my first time through, and super metroid in around 4 hours my first time.

Remember to keep spoilers spoiler'd, pl0x.

Also, my first run throughs of Prime 1 and Prime 2 took roughly 20 hours each (24 on the first, 22 on the second), with my first run of Corruption being 13 hours (never did a second run, but I'm working on it).

Some spoilers concerning Fusion:

A lot of folks are arguing that given the events in this game, Samus should have reacted WAY differently to the Metroid breeding program in Fusion or something, but I find it interesting that on playing Fusion again, she doesn't have a lot to say.

Specifically, when she finds out about the Fusion breeding program, her line is "..."

She gets REALLY upset when ADAM tells her that the GFEDs want to start cloning and utilizing the SA-X and the X-Parasite.

Just something I thought I'd bring up.

There isn't really much dialogue that sways Samus' reactions one way or the other. Like upon finding Nightmare, or stuff like that.