A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Could be an idea.

I'm not sure whether to start playing when I get the game in the mail or not. I hear some of my worst gripes with the beta (the slow UI and the lack of a hardware cursor) were fixed, but I haven't heard anything about optimized performance and such. The beta ran between 12 and 30 fps on my computer. I guess news about this will trickle in slowly now that some have gotten their CE editions.

• 2 weeks later...

Send me with a /tell when you're on, so I can get a pearl. I was on for about 3 hours last night doing "the goon walk to Mor Dhorna". We went up to Ishgard, then into Mor Dhorna, then back out into Thanalan. Highest level areas in the game so far, and many of our 60+ people died. But I got a ton of screenshots. :D

Yeah, but I must be doing something wrong cause for some reason Im getting only 2.5kbs..

Esh going to take for ever..

You're not doing anything incorrectly. SE's updater takes forever on the first couple of patches. The rest should be a bit smaller. I was going to link you to some torrents of the updates to help speed you up, but SE finally told everyone to stop doing that, so you're just going to have to do it their way. Sorry.

Also, I REALLY want to start another character on Figaro to play with all of you, but not only does it cost more money, I hardly have the time to play my main on Lindblum, much less a secondary. D=