A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Check out the new mount. Wonder if it can attack.

Heh that's a pretty neat cameo, specially nice tough how they made a character that looks like Terra to ride it.

Though yeah I do wonder if it gets any of the magical attacks it had in 6.

I'd rather have a Shiva mount ifyouknowwhatisay hermf hermf hermf

SMN should be able to mount their summons. I want to ride Bahamut. I want a lot of things.

You want to ride bahamut? You do realize that Bahamut is Dalamud in FF14 lore right? You want to ride this? The thing that destroys the world and brings an end to the 6th astral era?

med_gallery_215_6_8412.jpg

Untitled-2_zps312529c8.png

Also, they are bringing in more cameos. The Crystal tower from FF3 is going to be in it. As well as the Gold Saucer from FF7. I'm really liking how much stuff is getting put into the rerelease. Getting more and more excited by the day.

Say, does anyone have footage from their FFXI days? I refound the last remnant of my taru, his Shadow Lord Fight. It's a pretty good fight but the chat is better. We were working on that dungeon for hours and I was in deep crap and had to finish up quick. Isn't that FFXI in a nutshell?

Share screenies or footage if you have it. I need held over because I still don't have time for FF14 and possibly never will. I'm jelly of all yoo.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV(still just gonna call it 2.0) has a release date of August 27th, 2013, and phase 3 of the beta, which includes the PS3 version is slated to begin at the end of E3 week on June 14th. This is a big step as it will be showcasing not only important changes they've made based on player feedback in addition to new systems such as free companies, housing districts, etc., but it will also mark the first step of keeping their promise of a PS3 release they made so many years ago.

As Thin Crust pointed out, there's been a few trailers that have been released over the past month or so, and here they are:

I've also updated the top post. I guess I might upload some artwork for the visually curious(and who DOESN'T appreciate some great Akihiko Yoshida art!?) later on.

Hello everyone!

Fernehalwes here.

A few hours ago, the FINAL FANTASY XIV team touched safely down in sunny Los Angeles. For those of you wondering, this year's Yoshi-P entourage consists of myself, project manager M, and Foxclon from the Community & service department (not by any means listed in order of importance).

On our way to the hotel, we passed by something that looked eerily familiar...

Tapestry2-thumb-400x600-556.jpg

But that's not all!

Our American offices went all out and even jacked the room keycards at a bunch of local hotels serving the E3 clientele!

Cards-thumb-400x266-558.jpg

Edited by Thin Crust

Can you imagine a Lalafell Dragoon pulling off this limit break wielding that buster sword? lol

aBrm2R7_zpscddbbd2b.gif

It'll look like the sword is swinging him around, and he's like OH GOD NO, DONT DO THIS MOVE :P

I think my brother said I have to level Monk or something to become Black Mage? He's been researching the mechanics and stuff.

Anyway, if that's the case... awesome.

I've been playing beta on PS3. I've got a level 9 conjurer so far but I don't think I'll do much more. I've never done a beta before and I don't see a real reason to play before the final release. Especially since my brother and I will be figuring out the system together.

I've got to say, this game is VERY polished. But I can't say with any certainty because I've never touched an MMO before.

Something I did want to show you was that we are doing a fan dub of 1.0 in my second linkshell. Episode 1 is out , episode 2 is done but not uploaded yet, and episode 3 script is finished.

I'm pretty shocked how good the production is on it's first episode. Usually, that's the one that is a horrible mess.