MEETUP! 6/27-BALTIMORE / Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Liontamer

UPDATED: Meeting at 4:00pm at Houlihan's for late lunch/early dinner/long island iced teas. I need to get to the concert hall early at 6, but folks are welcome to arrive later & stay later since the doors open at 7.

Also, WEAR YOUR OCR SHIRTS! They won't let us sell shirts at the event but if you need one, let me know size/color in advance and I'll bring it for you, $10. We'll find a convenient back alley in Baltimore, and if you give me the cash, I'll give you the stuff, etc. It'll be just like HBO's The Wire.

- djpretzel

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY - June 27, BALTIMORE, MD, Doors open 7PM

Baltimore Symphony Orchestra conducted by Arnie Roth, Meyerhoff Symphony Hall

Tickets: $30-60 range

BSO/Distant Worlds ticket information

The BSO around the web

Alright, as far as I'm aware, this is Distant Worlds first trip to the MD/DC/VA area, so we've gotta represent!

We've got OC ReMix, MAGFest, Firaxis Games, Big Huge Games and the Gamer Symphony Orchestra all in the general area, so clearly we're gonna do a meetup of some kind.

The concert's gonna kick ass, AND both MAGFest and OC ReMix plan to be spreading the word to concert attendees in partnership with the BSO. So if you're in the area, please make sure you lock in your plans to attend the show with us!

0809-MEY.jpg

logo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

CONFIRMED!

binary1230

djpretzel (w/ Anna, Cara)

Gamer Symphony Orchestra members

Harmony

Jimmy-Taru

José the Bronx Rican

justinj212

Level 99

lou

Moguta

Nick the Newbie

TENTATIVE

audio fidelity

DrumUltimA

IcedDevil

q-pa

Sengin

My friend Jimmy-Taru invited me to this a while ago, so I'm definitely going to be there. We haven't ordered tickets yet, so if people are doing group seating, let me know. Dunno if I could attent a meet beforehand, as me and some buddies got invited to go on a free tour of the Clipper City Beer Factory (with FREE BEER! :) )

Here's a suggestion: anyone want to do a Fell's Point/Canton/Federal Hill bar-hopping trip after the concert?

I'm actually in College Park, MD for an internship at the Goddard Space Flight Center, so I may be able to make it. The only thing is that on the 28th, as part of the internship, we are going to Sudbury, Ontario (Canada), so I may not be able to make this. However, living where I do, I've had been this close to one of these concerts. I am definitely considering just going and not caring if I'm tired the next day because this sounds awesome.

I'm tentative.

I have a late event Friday night, but I should be able to get my ass down there from Pittsburgh if I have the funds...

It'll be nice to see the MAGFest people (we're having an OCR meetup in Pittsburgh next month with VGL) since I can't do Otakon this year :???: