MEETUP! 6/27-BALTIMORE / Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Liontamer

I don't have a car.

Anyway I don't really expect to be doing any filming. Rear Orchestra may not be the best vantage point but in terms of is it a good place to sit...that is the part I worry about most.

ADDITIONAL EDITING:

There's a box office on-site, right? Good.

I don't have a car.

Anyway I don't really expect to be doing any filming. Rear Orchestra may not be the best vantage point but in terms of is it a good place to sit...that is the part I worry about most.

ADDITIONAL EDITING:

There's a box office on-site, right? Good.

There is a box office there, but the Grand Rapids show sold out a few hours before the concert.

I think you misinterpreted my post. I didn't mean that you were filming; I meant that they are showing video from the Final Fantasy games on a huge screen that's hung from the ceiling. If you can't see the screen, then you're missing a good part of the experience.

I was just making sure that they had a box office there and not halfway across the city. I got my ticket for rear orchestra, or at least I hope...row BB looks to be towards the back. Anyone else in that area?

If not, at least there's the pre- and post-show stuff going on, hopefully.

4 PM at houlihan's is a little early, I'd probably show up closer to 4:30 or 5,
I went with 4 to make sure that we'd have enough time to eat then get back to the hall and setup the OCR booth by 6pm. If it's not that critical, later is cool too.

What say you Dave? 4pm too early? I'm actually going to be coming from another event so later definitely works for me.

I went with 4 to make sure that we'd have enough time to eat then get back to the hall and setup the OCR booth by 6pm. If it's not that critical, later is cool too.

What say you Dave? 4pm too early? I'm actually going to be coming from another event so later definitely works for me.

I'd prefer to stick with 4pm, since we do need to get back to the booth... if folks wanna arrive later, that's cool - it's not prime time so we'll ask for a table with some extra seating and hopefully that'll be groovy, and if folks show up late, no worries.

I've updated the first post accordingly.

I missed the detroit viewing because I thought I had class... but it was the week between the last class and the exam so I didn't know until it was too late. Anyway, I heard a rumor that they played 'Kiss me Goodbye' (FFXII) per Nobuo's request. I have to know, did they do it? That's one of my favorite ff songs ever.

I missed the detroit viewing because I thought I had class... but it was the week between the last class and the exam so I didn't know until it was too late. Anyway, I heard a rumor that they played 'Kiss me Goodbye' (FFXII) per Nobuo's request. I have to know, did they do it? That's one of my favorite ff songs ever.

They did. Susan Calloway was the vocalist and really did a great job. She's the one who sang “Memoro de la Stono” on the DW album (and also at the concert).

Great concert, great to see everyone. FF6 full opera was definitely the highlight, though I did walk away with a new appreciation for FFXI's score.
They did it?

FUCK! :-x

But

. If I find out they did the FF6 finale too, though, I'm going to cry.
Also reminder about two other big things coming up: We're hitting up 3 videogames live shows in DC then 2 days in Pittsburgh (July 10,11,12), THEN we're running Jamspace at Otakon again, plus having 4 bands out there play - This Place is Haunted, Armadillo Tank, Rare Candy, and Random (Megaran9 guy).

You're coming to Pittsburgh, Dom?? We're planning our own mini-meetup for VGL on July 11th. See this thread. SInce I couldn't make this concert and I can't make Otakon, it would be really awesome to see you and the rest of the MAGFest crew there!

DJPretzel has the busiest schedule of anyone present on OCR, no contest.

Anyway, the concert was effing awesome. Two standing ovations was a bit much but they worked to deserve it. I almost cried during "To Zanarkand" SHUT UP >.>;;;

Oh.My.God. 12 minute long FF6 opera + 3 singers + choir may have been the highlight of my entire life. Holy crap. The new arrangement was SO GOOD. There's an earlier arrangement that's a little slower paced, and I thought the one last night was a world improvement. Plus combined with the hall's incredible acoustics, it was literally a euphoric experience to hear that song. I still can't get over it.

The crowd went absolutely berserk after that song, what an unbelievable performance. Awesome hanging out with all you guys, cya at VGL in 2 weeks in DC and Pittsburgh.

PEACE

-Dom

Hi, I am new to the forums here, but I will try to visit often, anyway, I went to the concert last night and took some pictures of the people that were in costume. None of my pictures came out and I really would appreciate if anyone who has any pictures of the people who were in costume, if you could, please send me what you have. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

I got a couple of pictures, not many though and it seems I missed half or more of the people that were in costume. If I'd had more time to wander around, maybe I could've gotten some shots, but it was pretty packed at the end with people trying to leave and all that.

I have the list of songs in my car, I'll post later if no one else posts it. I was definitely tearing up during Aeris's theme, and Theme of Love. My highlight was The Man with the Machine Gun, thought Opening Mission - Bombing Run and Maria and Draco were both beyond incredible too. I think that, while appropriate, One-Winged Angel as an encore was predictable. I'm not complaining at all, but I would have loved to have been surprised with something out-of-nowhere, like Spira's Song or something. Still epic. I posted the only pic I had from my iPhone on facebook, and it's of us getting food at Houlihan's.

It was a great first-outside-of-MAGfest meetup for me, and I have a blast hanging with everyone, even if Kroze made a paper sword end, and hilt, and made me look like Aeris.

...whatever.

A few of my friends and I drove down from New York to see this show. It was a phenomenal performance and was totally worth the drive. I never heard an English version of "Maria and Draco" before.

If they do a show in New York, I would definitely go again.

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Saturday June 27, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.

Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall

Arnie Roth, conductor

Handel Choir of Baltimore

Baltimore Symphony Orchestra

------Program------

All works composed by Nobuo Uematsu (The conductor kept calling him Nobu and Nobu-san...I always thought the 'uw-oh' was pronounced)

FINAL FANTASY VIII: Liberi Fatali

FF X: To Zanarkand

FF VIII: Don't Be Afraid

FF VII: Aerith's Theme

FF I-III: Medley 2002

FF V: Dear Friends

FF IX: Vamo' alla Flamenco

FF VIII: Love Grows

FF XI: Ronfaure

FF series: Main Theme

INTERMISSION

FF VII: Opening - Bombing Mission

FF VIII: Fisherman's Horizon

FF XI: Memoro de la Stono - Distant Worlds

FF VIII: THe Man with the Machine Gun

FF IV: Theme of Love

FF series: Swing de Chocobo

FF VI: Opera "Maria and Draco"

FF VI: Terra's Theme

ENCORE: FF VII: One-Winged Angel

My only real complaint was the person next to me was smelly and shifted/stood-up-to-fix-pants every 5-10 seconds. She definitely farted a few times too....ick.

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Saturday June 27, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.

Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall

Arnie Roth, conductor

Handel Choir of Baltimore

Baltimore Symphony Orchestra

------Program------

All works composed by Nobuo Uematsu (The conductor kept calling him Nobu and Nobu-san...I always thought the 'uw-oh' was pronounced)

FINAL FANTASY VIII: Liberi Fatali

FF X: To Zanarkand

FF VIII: Don't Be Afraid

FF VII: Aerith's Theme

FF I-III: Medley 2002

FF V: Dear Friends

FF IX: Vamo' alla Flamenco

FF VIII: Love Grows

FF XI: Ronfaure

FF series: Main Theme

INTERMISSION

FF VII: Opening - Bombing Mission

FF VIII: Fisherman's Horizon

FF XI: Memoro de la Stono - Distant Worlds

FF VIII: THe Man with the Machine Gun

FF IV: Theme of Love

FF series: Swing de Chocobo

FF VI: Opera "Maria and Draco"

FF VI: Terra's Theme

ENCORE: FF VII: One-Winged Angel

My only real complaint was the person next to me was smelly and shifted/stood-up-to-fix-pants every 5-10 seconds. She definitely farted a few times too....ick.

I was told "kiss me goodbye" was played. Are you sure that list is completely accurate?