PRC148 - Xiaoyu is A Gabba (Tekken Tag)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 148

PRCv6-18

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The 17th Edition of this year has passed. With Bowser Castle (Mario Kart 64) as source, four remixers entered the contest. BlackStar started his PRC carreer and he ended third. 6 Persons voted for this round, three from remixers. Binweasel claimed second place, Ambient was the winner.

Ambient was pretty fast with selecting his source. I already started the contest on ThaSauce, and I decided to just start it at Ocremix as well (why waiting..). The source is famous from a classic remix contest called Ironmix, it was the theme from round 13. No remixes ever made it to Ocremix, it's time to change that.

PRC148.jpg

Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) - Ling Xiaoyu Theme

MIDI

'>Youtube

ThaSauce link

This game is a very undermixed game. At IMC13, a lot of remixers did a remix of it, but that's the only thing ever happened around this source. A download link to the files from the contest can be found here, it's a RAR file from almost all IMC songs (from all rounds).

http://species.herograw.net/ironmix.rar

The title of the topic is named to NoWave's remix. I only know the game from these remixes, which are legends.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY June 16th at 7:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Important:

PRC149 will be regular but ends earlier (2-7). July and August are gonna be crazy months because I'm on vacation for about 75% of these months. I don't know all exact dates I won't be able to check it. In the beginning it's not gonna be a big problem. My first vacation is from 3-10 July, that's why PRC149 will end earlier (so I can start #150 myself).

More information will come when I know more about the exact dates I'm going on vacation.

Here's the voting stage

After the extensions, I almost forgot Ambient was PRC147's winner. He selected the source which is known pretty well. Still, this round moved on very slow. Binweasel was very fast again, but before the extension it was the only song.

After the first extension, still no more remixes where posted. In the second extension, Just64helpin saved the contest.

We can now move on to the voting: participants may vote, but it doesn't change anything. They can't vote for themselve, which means both songs receive 3 points. Ambient has a double vote.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Thursday, June 18th at 3:59 am ThaSauce time (if I edited it right) to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC149 which I hope I can start Friday like usual.

The songs:

Binweasel - Ain't No C.B.G.B.

Just64helpin - Burning and Soiled

Next time I don't plan deadlines around 17:00 local time because internet is always slow around that time.

Fourth post in a row:

It's results time.

The source looked promising, it has a IMC history. Still, this round ended to be the worst round from this year.

After two extensions, two songs where up.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 1!!!! (I don't feel for extending it)

Just64helpin deserved the gold for saving the contest, but he gets a second place wooden spoon with 2 points.

And the winner of PRC148 is Binweasel with 3 points!

Congratulations Binweasel. Great work. You enter the PRC history as winner with the lowest score. Just64helpin did a great job by making this a contest, but only one can win.

I think you both deserve to win this. Thanks.

All I can say is: forget about this round, and make the next one a very nice one.

Binweasel, it's up to you to select the source for the next round, PRC149. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, June 19th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. (I still have to make that list).

See you all (and I hope more people) next Friday.

Daw. Thanks, Mr. Bundy - may I call you Mr. Bundy? :-P - and you're welcome, as well. And good job, Mr. 64. Yours was fun to listen to!

I'm hoping everyone was just really busy with summer vacation ... I've picked out a nice and short source for next round. Do let me know if the PM didn't go through.

Daw. Thanks, Mr. Bundy - may I call you Mr. Bundy? :-P - and you're welcome, as well. And good job, Mr. 64. Yours was fun to listen to!

I'm hoping everyone was just really busy with summer vacation ... I've picked out a nice and short source for next round. Do let me know if the PM didn't go through.

I received it and maybe I'll start it tonight already because the source from the next PRC (150) must be in before Thursday 2 june.

After that, I'm going on vacation from:

3 - 10 july

13 - 27 july

and

31 july - 14 august.

And maybe I can't run it from 17-21 august too.

I don't think I'll be able to run PRC after the next round (149). There are a few options I can do:

1 - I can start PRC150 like usual and make the mixing stage a few weeks longer, voting starts when I come back (27) and the next PRC starts at 30 july, with again a longer mixing stage (voting starts at 14 august and the next round start monday 17 august).

2 - I can start PRC150 like usual and let the voting stage just start (without making the announce post), then the winner should start the next round and so on till 15 august. I can try to keep ThaSauce open so hosting isn't gonna be a problem.

3 - PRC150, PRC151 and PRC152 are going to be organisated by someone else, maybe without using ThaSauce (like the old times).

4 - Stop PRC for some weeks and start it up again at 15 august.

Let me know what you think. Option 3 might be the best, but because it's vacation, I really think option 1 is good as well. Let me know what you think in the next PRC thread.

I also make this post in the next thread.

And yes, you may call me Mr. Bundy.

OMG, this song! rofl. I remixed this song years ago for the grandfather of this competition, IMC. Actually its a song that I tend to come back every now and then to make a new version.

Let me pimp the last one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1uddxyygejd

I like it! Even though it is quite repetitive. 2:31 and 4:23 are my favorite parts. You gonna finish this one and submit?