Earphones

Final_metroid

My earphones just broke (This is the zillionth pair I must've gone through) No more how "high quality" the package claims they are, or "expensive" they are, they always end up in the trash after a short space of time. (My record so far, is a lasting time of about 9 months, but that was from a foreign model) I need recommendations of EXTREMELY durable earphones so i don't go breaking stuff again. To answer the question some of you might ask, yes, I do tend to listen to music very loudly.

I think there may be something in my iPod that may be messing my earphones up. My friend cautions me never to leave my earphones plugged into my iPod when I'm not using it, and whenever my earphones break it always seems that only the right bud goes kaput. So it seems that he may be right as these incidents usually happen when my earphones are plugged into my iPod. Is there any validity to this connection?

Unless there's something stressing the wires (constant flexing where the wires meet the plug?) I can't think of any reason that leaving them connected would be harmful. Speaking of flexing the wires, it's best to leave the wires loose when they're not in use instead of bundling them, because repeatedly flexing them in the same spots can damage them in the long run.

I think there may be something in my iPod that may be messing my earphones up. My friend cautions me never to leave my earphones plugged into my iPod when I'm not using it, and whenever my earphones break it always seems that only the right bud goes kaput. So it seems that he may be right as these incidents usually happen when my earphones are plugged into my iPod. Is there any validity to this connection?

Whenever my headphones break, the right speaker always goes out. This happened on my old logitech headset and it's happening a bit now on my Sennheiser headset. My ipod earbuds never held up more than 2 months. The right speaker was totally shot when I bought a pair of in-ear/canal Sennheisers.

What kind of headphones do you use? Over the ear? On ear? Earbuds? In-ear/canal?

Whenever my headphones break, the right speaker always goes out. This happened on my old logitech headset and it's happening a bit now on my Sennheiser headset. My ipod earbuds never held up more than 2 months. The right speaker was totally shot when I bought a pair of in-ear/canal Sennheisers.

What kind of headphones do you use? Over the ear? On ear? Earbuds? In-ear/canal?

this happens because of the cord being in the right ear and then being continued to the left. you yank on the cord, your right ear is the one that takes the brunt of the blow, not the left.

this happens because of the cord being in the right ear and then being continued to the left. you yank on the cord, your right ear is the one that takes the brunt of the blow, not the left.

Yeah I figured it was just the core design of the headphones that made the right get owned first.

I've been using a pair of Shure E2c's for about a year now. They're the kind that loop around your ear before you stick them, so I was kinda worried about them breaking after bending them so much, but so far I haven't run into any problems. But then again, I'm definitely not the heavy-duty user you seem to be, so take that as you will.

Unless there's something stressing the wires (constant flexing where the wires meet the plug?) I can't think of any reason that leaving them connected would be harmful. Speaking of flexing the wires, it's best to leave the wires loose when they're not in use instead of bundling them, because repeatedly flexing them in the same spots can damage them in the long run.

I frequently bundle them around my iPod, so that may be the problem. However, what would be the best way to store my earphones when i'm not using them?