Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Zipp

First of all Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete. Alright, I'll be the first to admit that Advent Children was a disappointment. I had all these ideas for what they could've done better... then I found out that we were lacking 45 minutes of film for no good reason. Complete re-inserts this footage and... you know what? The movie is now awesome. You care about the characters, the translation is solid, the plot makes sense, the action is more dramatic, there's more death and blood and that... people who haven't played FF7 still won't care, but now at least fans of FF7 can be happy.

Oh, and it looks awesome on Blu-Ray. AND it has a very long video for FFXIII which is sweet. I can't wait for that game to come out. Better get me an HD TV fast.

That sounds kinda stupid - so with AC they released an incomplete movie for some reason or another, only to complete it with blu-ray? I'm curious about these deleted scenes now, but that sounds rather stupid of Square to do that in the first place.

OR... the original Advent Children was just a really really long teaser trailer.

I wouldn't put it past them.

You know, there are only a couple times I would ever buy a game new at full price. I'm patient enough to find it used at a reduced price and Uncharted 2 might be a game that I pick up on the release date.

In the meantime, my birthday was a month ago, and my brother said he was going to get me advent children complete when it came out. It's been four days since it's release and he still hasn't done anything about it yet. I should go bug him right now.

There's a few more scenes with the FF7 cast, but they're still mostly cameos. It is, after all, a story meant to tie up Cloud's hang up over Aeris.

The added scenes, in brief, are as follows:

- much more on the plot and what Shinra's been up to

- much more on the past of Denzel

- scenes of Zack and Cloud, and more tie in between them and Aeris

- every fight scene is a little longer, excepting the one between Tiffa and Loz

- different ending for the Sephiroth fight

- much more explanation on Kuja's goals and much more development of their characters

- much MUCH more scenes on Geostigma and how it brutally slaughters people

- more gore in many of the scenes, plus some new scenes that really show people getting beaten up by Geostigma or monsters

- new translation that is much clearer than the old translation

yeah i was of the opinion that the 3 sephiroth clones was the stupidest thing they could have possibly done, so unless the new scenes make their existence even remotely plausible i'll pass

I told you about this movie like three weeks ago and I already told you it totally does

even though the remnants of sephiroth thing was never really difficult to understand in the first place but whatever

just watched it... and yeah they made some subtle changes which are very effective. lost 'most' of that weird cutscene feeling the original was.

Still, they could have removed most of the smack talk scenes, or kajah-gang gayness. But I think the main problem is that everyones opinion is already tainted from the first version.

Besides these issues, the quality doesnt match one bit. The original AC had this weird monochrome feeling, dont get me wrong; I wouldnt want it to be a shiny/glossy mess. But they atleast added some color this time around.

Overall, if you havnt seen AC or are looking for another watch, now would be the time....

i remember watching the original one and not being all that thrilled about it. After caving in and getting Complete, i now enjoy it a lot more. The extra scenes stated earlier added more depth to the story and it actually made sense. I loved the added cutscenes with Zack. Maybe because i just finish Crisis Core a few days ago(AWESOME game btw. I fell in love with Zack ::no homo::) but seeing more of Zack, especially at the end really added some emotional depth.

Visually, it looks amazing on Blue-Ray. Bahamut looks awesome.

i remember watching the original one and not being all that thrilled about it. After caving in and getting Complete, i now enjoy it a lot more. The extra scenes stated earlier added more depth to the story and it actually made sense. I loved the added cutscenes with Zack. Maybe because i just finish Crisis Core a few days ago(AWESOME game btw. I fell in love with Zack ::no homo::) but seeing more of Zack, especially at the end really added some emotional depth.

Visually, it looks amazing on Blue-Ray. Bahamut looks awesome.

I look awesome without blu-ray :tomatoface: