OCR00229 - Shadowgate "Dancefloor"

m68030

• 6 months later...

The underlying "drum" beat sounds very Megaman-esque, but on top of it, AmIEvil fits some really good dance music. It's not too repetetive, always gets me tapping my foot, and doesn't slack off anywhere. The only qualm I have with this song is that it's not very long (2:30) and doesn't have any parts that stand out as being really cool - just solid, better-than-average dance all the way through.

• 2 months later...

This song makes me wanna get up and learn how to dance. I was honestly never a big fan of Shadowgate, but this remix is awesome. I really have to watch myself, or I start humming the tune and tapping my foot to the beat. AmIEvil has done lots of great work with all the remixes he/she/they have done. I can honestly say I look forward to whenever AmIEvil releases a new song here. Keep up the good work

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was surprised when I started listening to Dancefloor. Those beats at the beginning that sound sort of like tom-toms on a drumset were done in a fashion that sounded quite a lot like the BGM from Mega Man 2, after you kill a boss and will get its power. Then, fade in the drums, kickin' it up a notch! The vocals were appropriate, and the melody was a nice touch. It was nicely done, and I recommend it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha old school drum beats but it's still got me dancing! Actually if this song didn't have those retro drums it probally would have passed as just "another song" for me.

If you stop hardcore dancing to those drums and listen, you'll find that there's actually a song behind them and it's not too bad either!

amIevil gives us quite a good laugh here so listen to the song! It's worth the download

• 2 months later...

Don't be weak by playing this song on low volumes. The true joys of the beat and melody can only be heard in an intensely loud volumes. A good pair of headphones will do this one justice, so load it onto your MP3 player if you want to hear it's true potential.

• 2 months later...

I love the fact that this song recognzes its NES roots by starting with the low quality bits in the beginning and end. I do agree with the whole Mega Man thing, though. Are we sneaking into a forsaken castle or going for Dr. Wiley? Good remix overall, however. I can still hear the ogre falling off that bridge after the fire filled room (What moron ever pays that shmuck? It's all about use: spear!). Anyway, there is one thing I'm dissappointed with. And that is drose3. How could you not be a fan of Shadowgate?

I pity you. :cry:

• 2 years later...

Totally has the Megaman "weapon get!" vibe to it, but when the synths come in, you can tell it's going to get a little more serious. Throughout the mix, it keeps one foot firmly planted in the late 80's chiptune style, and the other even firmly planted in the mid 90's dance style.

I am pretty certain the bass drum on this would absolutely destroy weaker speakers. Arrangement wise it's pretty well done, and even though it has a super distinct old school vibe to it, it translates decently well to modern times. It doesn't feel quite like shadowgate, but more like an action title, which is a pretty cool changeup, and even the suck-ass abrupt ending can't bring this one down.

Let the head-ripping and hole-shitting commence. :-D

• 1 year later...
Totally has the Megaman "weapon get!" vibe to it...

No kidding. It starts almost exactly like that.

I'm going to have to say that the drums completely overpower the mix, and I am in no way fond of them. I'm even having a hard time focusing on the melody over them.

There are some badass moments, like the heavy breathing, and when it really breaks down right after that. It has an overall chip feel, maybe something out of a SNES game racing game.

The melodies themselves are not bad, though they aren't really catching my interest. Balance is really the key here.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00229 - Shadowgate "Dancefloor"