ReMixer: Sal (vganimegt@yahoo.co.uk)

Title: Guardian's Sending

Game: Final Fantasy X

Tracks Used:

Auron's Theme (Uematsu)

Hymn of Fayth (Uematsu/Hamazu)

To Zanarkand (Uematsu)

First Submission!

This is more of an arrangement than anything else. As the title suggests, it's meant to go along with a scene in the game so i've concentrated much more of the mood of this rather than the technical aspects so intrumentally, it's fairly minimalist. It's meant to be a 'story in music' so it's more of a piece that should get you thinking rather than it just being something to listen to. Whether i've managed to pull it off well, that's what the judging's for.

Made with Guitar Pro 3, Cubase, Edirol Super Quartet, Edirol Orchestral & Sound Forge 6.

hrm.

the main reason that this gets a

NO

is that the arrangement is often lacking. the medley is akward, and doesnt flow well.

other major reasons are that there are lots of harmonic glitches that really shouldnt be there.

while you call this "minimalist" i call it "empty." minimalist music, in my opinion, cannot be pulled off unless the sounds themselves are engaging and set a mood. the instruments in this mix are lacking, and it ruines the atmosphere.

i think there are some good ideas in here, but it needs a few layers of polish

Really like how it starts.

Moody, wavy.

Well produced sax and clarinet. Piano as well. I really really like the middle section.

I wouldn't call this minimalistic. There is a lot going on for the most part in every section of the song. Missing percussion, but percussion would lose the feel.

Indeed this is a good mix of original and originality so to speak.

YES

Great to see more mixers doing things outside the cookie cutter orchestral or electronica genres that we're so used to seeing.

How can you not like a mix that starts out with this magnificently, softly and emotionally? Soaring strings then enter, and definitely adds a nice touch to the mix. The brass work later on is a little abrupt, given the softness of this mix, I think a muted or at least softer brass section would have worked better. I agree with Vigilante that the flow is a little unsatisfactory, but the entire mood of this is just magical. Not amazing by technical standards, but this is just a very pleasant and feel good listen, and easily earns a yes from me.

YES