The Alibi

Mordi

There's something in the mixing that isn't sitting right, in an otherwise awesome track. I think the crazy synthy stuff a quarter of the way in should be mixed down slightly (it distracts from the main melody). Also, though this might be my speakers starting to go, I'm hearing something slightly tinny in the background, which detracts from the overall composition.

All in all though, I enjoy this.

Maybe the slightly tinny sound (not quite sure what you mean) is the cowbell? (I need my cowbell, you see :P)

I'm kind of new to mixing, so I'm not sure how to improve it (without just making it worse :P). I think it sounds alright in my headphones though. They are unfortunately my only source of audio.

I think maybe the thing that sounds a bit off is the bass drum? It might just be me, but i think when it hits it distorts the track for that fraction of a second. I know you like your bass, especially in the case of Liljedahl. I think the chiptune keyboard thing is kinda in the background too much, but that be because the bass is pushing it back there as well. Don't get me wrong, i think your stuff is awesome and very creative.

By the way, how do you get the chiptune keyboards in there? Is it a vst of some kind or an external keyboard?

I think maybe the thing that sounds a bit off is the bass drum? It might just be me, but i think when it hits it distorts the track for that fraction of a second.

By the way, how do you get the chiptune keyboards in there? Is it a vst of some kind or an external keyboard?

That happens when I sidechain the bass from the kick. It distorts it. Not sure how to fix that. I want the sidechaining there so the kick is as accentuated as it is now... Any tips?

It's a VST (Audjoo Helix - great VST) where I took a basic saw and made an arpeggio that goes through 2 or 3 octaves (can't remember quite) and chorded it. Sounds very much like the C64 arps of ye olde times.

It's a VST (Audjoo Helix - great VST) where I took a basic saw and made an arpeggio that goes through 2 or 3 octaves (can't remember quite) and chorded it. Sounds very much like the C64 arps of ye olde times.

I downloaded the audjoo but when i load up my program it says no license file found? It says it free. Did you have a problem like this?