OCR01109 - *YES* Skies of Arcadia 'Horteka Stomp'

djpretzel

Well, I've worked all summer long to improve my skill at musical composition, and have had several successes, along with a whole slew of half-completed pieces and outright failures. :) Rather than bore you with details, however, I'll get right to the point.

This is a ReMix of the Horteka theme from the Dreamcast/GameCube game "Skies of Arcadia," as the name of the piece implies. Being a perfectionist, I may never be completely satisfied with this piece's final form, though I've worked and reworked it many times. Either way, it is time to move on.

Here is the URL:

I hope you find this piece fit to post, because I have another piece that is nearly completed and would like feel confident when I submit it at the end of my two week submission limit. :)

Sincerely,

LeonHeart of the Flame

This is very cool, but I think there's some problems here. I suspect this will probably pass anyway, so I'm going to have to go against the grain.

The percussion and drumwork here is fantastic. But the mixing here is very cluttered. The drum and percussions drown everything. It's so loud.

The melody is there, but the harmony is so often burried and slightlylacking. I think this needs a bit more polishing and resubmitting.

Drums and percussion hurt my ears. It's so loud. I may have mentioned that already.

Very nice mix, but lacking in execution.

Sad to say NO.

• 2 weeks later...