Something I just made?

Only fair that I comment back! I was worried where this was going till the pitch down bass/pad and further pad came into it, that's when I thought the idea together started getting good. The beat is quirky and fun to me, though I find the bassline to not be rather fitting, perhaps it's the boobass (think it's boobass) you're using, try another sample that compliments the the beat. I'm not gonna judge you for the FL samples cause it's probably all you've got to work with, start learning about the FX and equalising and compression tools to bump up the producion, perhaps get into finding new samples to play with for a more distinct sound. Keep practising, keep working!

Yeah, I didn't do any real production on it yet. The only real mixing I've put into it thus far is some volume balances. I was just eager to show that I'm still alive and doing something musically (even if I have no time to really post here regularly anymore). I'll tweak it a bit and see what comes from it. Thanks for the feedback ^_^

• 1 month later...

That sounds to me like something out of a copycat-Sierra game from the 80's.

I hear there's quite a lot of looping going on, I'd try to spice the drum line a little so that it's not the same all the time. The wooden instrument, whatever it is, could benefit from a little bit of reverb.

I felt the sweep pad in the middle of the song was out of place.

Overall, not much variation in this song. I've heard worse though. If you could make it somehow more interesting (mostly by not looping so much), I would like it more.