Futurama has returned!!!

MajLink

So it's nothing at all like sex, and is the most horrible punishment that could be inflicted upon a human being then. Hmm... should be fun to watch!

I don't know what you're smoking but that's not anything close to what I said (which was a futurama quote). Most people watch shows because they're good, not because they're torture. Futurama season 5 = will be good. :-)

I really hope its not another Family Guy (or family member) that just should've stayed dead. I don't geek out to many shows but I'm going to be pissed if the new Futurama is as bad as the DVDs were

They kind of continue in the same vein as the movies... I love the widescreen.... It's as close to Futurama as you're ever going to get. It's edgier now that it's been renewed like Family Guy, hopefully it doesn't go over the top and just degrade into poop.

Being edgy doesn't mean much anymore. everyone's always trying to make me laugh by being as filthy and offensive as possible instead of just telling a good joke. Thats why I like a lot of old shows on tvland because as cheesy as they were, they were genuinely trying to make me laugh before they tried to make me sick.

You know what I honestly think? Judging by these 2 episodes, the show is just as good as it's always been. However, nobody is actually going to recognize this (including me). You know why? Nostalgia, that's why. No matter how old season 6 gets, it will never achieve the legendary status of seasons 1-4.

You know what I honestly think? Judging by these 2 episodes, the show is just as good as it's always been. However, nobody is actually going to recognize this (including me). You know why? Nostalgia, that's why. No matter how old season 6 gets, it will never achieve the legendary status of seasons 1-4.

Agreed. Everyone pulls the nostalgia card and in some cases it works but I don't think this is the case here, and I definitely feel the way you feel about the appeal carrying on to this new season.

Here's a comparison for those who think that this will suffer the same fate as Family Guy.

Family Guy had three years between its cancellation and return.

Futurama had seven. Sure, there were movies, but the actual series was cancelled in 2003.

The nostalgia card is being drawn here, and it will always cloud the judgment of those playing it.

I wasn't so sure about these episodes. Maybe it's the nostalgia working my brain, but it's just feeling different. Like the jokes are just more... obvious? I mean the actual twists in the plot are just as twisty, but the humor just doesn't seem to fit. And all the characters feel goofier than normal, but I could be imagining that.

Also, seriously, I get that they're on the comedy Central Channel and they can be racier or whatever, but how much stupid cartoon fan service do you really need.

Don't get me wrong though, despite all that bitching I still appreciate that they're making new episodes of one of my favorite shows, and I can't wait for the episodes coming up