VST, DirectX instruments and effects thread

DM Lee

Sorry to double post, but does anyone have or have used Z3TA+? It looks friggin awesome, but I hear it isn't as amazing as you'd think... :?

Would a demo help you?? The bass and leads on this:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=38603

...song is from Z3TA+!!! I've composed this song myself

rRarrrag. Clipping!

z3ta is cool. Rene's (developer of z3ta, dimension, pentagon, sfz, etc) new synth Rapture just came out and it looks hella awesome. He posts in some forums like the cakewalk forums and KVR and he keeps saying stuff like "this is the FATTEST softsynth ever made" and he's usually pretty reserved about boasting about his works. Take that for what its worth. Might wanna check that one out. You can load your own waveforms into it and use em as oscillators. Badass.

This is the most beautiful electric piano I have ever heard, and I feel the urge to share it.

http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=read&b=20

MrTramp is a Wurlitzer® Electric Piano model 200 simulation.

It's a physical model, that means that all the sound you hear is 100% generated in real time. No samples at all!

It features all the nuances and colorations of the real instrument, such as the noise of the hammers, the noise of the dampers, certain inconsistences between a note and the next one. The last 5 notes (from G#6 to C7) don't have dampers so they're not stopped when the respective keys are released.

Features a built-in tremolo with adjustable intensity, fixed at 6 Hz.

• 2 weeks later...

Slim Slow Slider Sidechain Compressor...

Well... it's in VST standard and should work everywhere. If it doesn't in Live, then you're screwed.

Here might be a good starting point for you. But don't expect to get everything for free. Sidechaining is not mandatory, it's more like a bonus feature.

But before you say that Ableton can't use the Slim Slow Slider plugins you should ask yourself if Ableton is even able of using sidechain plugins. Cubase needs some special treatment, but it is possible. If you're a registered user, you might also take a look at the Ableton boards.

Hi, I was curious if any of you know of a VST instrument designed specifically to emulate instruments used in Final Fantasy games?

I'm sorry if this question is out of place, annoying, or something I could have found in remixing 101 (I did bother to run some searches).

Thanks!

Hi, I was curious if any of you know of a VST instrument designed specifically to emulate instruments used in Final Fantasy games?

I'm sorry if this question is out of place, annoying, or something I could have found in remixing 101 (I did bother to run some searches).

Thanks!

I got one expensive, and one free option for you!!!

You can buy Garritan Orchestra or Edirol Orchestral, are using Edirol O. myself, it sounds great!! If you want something free, then get yourself RGCaudio SFZ, a soundfont-playing VST. Get it here:

www.rgcaudio.com/sfz.htm

And then go to hammersound and download a soundfont called "S J Orchestral GM", it sounds great as well!!!

I'll give you some samples here:

First one using the soundfont

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=71563

..and this is the edirol O.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=71564

EDIT: There is also some Final Fantasy soundfonts on www.zophar.net

• 3 weeks later...

halloo all.

so, after my hard drive crashed a while back, i lost some very useful plugins that i really need.

does anyone have:

Sun Ra (elogoxa)

The Devil Inside (elogoxa)

Delay Llama (elogoxa)

i'd get them from the site, but they closed up and i can't find them on the net anywhere. i very specifically need Sun Ra - i've got several files that need it for me to be able to work on stuff.

thanks for your help. a yousendit link would be perfect, if anyone's got them.

Hey, I'm just wondering. I've looked around, but I can't find any free electric guitar VSTs. I suppose I could always pay, but if there ARE any free ones that sound relatively good, would you letting me know? Thanks.

Hey, I'm just wondering. I've looked around, but I can't find any free electric guitar VSTs. I suppose I could always pay, but if there ARE any free ones that sound relatively good, would you letting me know? Thanks.

don't quote me on this, but i haven't found any. look into good guitar soundfonts - they're easier to find, and tend to be easier to work with because they automate easily (in fruity, at least).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so, noob question. I know how to use VSTi's, but for some reason I can't seem to get effect plugins to work in FLStudio 6. I threw two (dblue's Glitch VST and Magnus's Ambience VST) in the "\Plugins\Fruity\Effects" directory. Then I open up the FX window (the one with all the channels), click "Select > More", do a fast scan to bring them up, the click the checkboxes.

Okay, so now they're in the list. But when I try to add them I get this error message:

untitled0lw.gif

No wrapper pop up or anything. So what am I doing wrong here? I've never used third-party effects plugins before so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Okay so, noob question. I know how to use VSTi's, but for some reason I can't seem to get effect plugins to work in FLStudio 6. I threw two (dblue's Glitch VST and Magnus's Ambience VST) in the "\Plugins\Fruity\Effects" directory. Then I open up the FX window (the one with all the channels), click "Select > More", do a fast scan to bring them up, the click the checkboxes.

Okay, so now they're in the list. But when I try to add them I get this error message:

untitled0lw.gif

No wrapper pop up or anything. So what am I doing wrong here? I've never used third-party effects plugins before so I'm not sure what the problem is.

try moving the plugins to the steinberg/vst plugins directory

Ok ppl I really need ur help. I found a plugin that would be really useful for me and fits like a glove in my current project, but it's a MFX plugin and I'm currently using FL Studio.

Is there any possible way to use it? Wrapper? Convertor?

untitled0lw.gif

I highly recommend storing your samples and VST/DX outside the FL Studio install directory. I don't even have to tell you why, it's just better if you use more than one program, or even just FL, so they're a lot easier to find.

For example, all my VSTs and DXs are in C:\VST-DX\

untitled0lw.gif

I highly recommend storing your samples and VST/DX outside the FL Studio install directory. I don't even have to tell you why, it's just better if you use more than one program, or even just FL, so they're a lot easier to find.

For example, all my VSTs and DXs are in C:\VST-DX\

I don't know why but, that solved the problem. Thanks bunches.

I can't for the life of me figure out where to find or how to produce drum sounds on par with something you might hear in say an Infected Mushroom track. If you're not familiar, I'm going for sort of a goa-psy trance thing.

Anyone have any tips / links / etc. that might help me?

hit me up on aim/msn for some goa-psy-style kicks, i have a bunch.

add a 303 emulator and some pwm shit and youre good.

hmm... i just had an idea... if sgtrama ain't totally opposed to the idea i could set up some community sample hosting at thasauce, so mixers and wannabes can upload free samples/vst/dx and shit to share with people.

That would be +10, but one would have to be careful with hosting what VSTs. Just because its free doesn't mean one is allowed to distribute it.

Ok ppl I really need ur help. I found a plugin that would be really useful for me and fits like a glove in my current project, but it's a MFX plugin and I'm currently using FL Studio.

Is there any possible way to use it? Wrapper? Convertor?

*bump*