Dead Space: The Best Game of 2008?

Sweendrix

I have to say that after playing Dead Space on the Xbox360...I would have to say that I believe that it was robbed of the title of "Game of the Year." In a year that brought us several AAA titles, it is my firm believe that this game stood head and shoulders above the rest. Yes...arguments can be made for your GTA's, Gears, and MGS...but having sampled all of the previous, I still have to give Dead Space the edge. Am I alone on this?

That's even more awesome! This is going to the top of my queue as soon as I get home.

As an aside: The Thing PS2 game was awesome too.

Mind you they arn't gonna shy away from you, they WILL FUCK YOU UP if you don't know what you're doing...

Case in point, here's a vid wanting to show what a

with the basic necromorph would be like. Mind you it's kinda difficult to die easily if you're just facing one and you're making an effort to live; but try being surrounded by quite a few of them coming from the vents, low on god damn ammo, red health and all you can do is stomp or swing your arms which they can easily block or deflect quickly and get a hit on you faster than you'd recover... and try it on hard mode... yeah....

Another think I love best about deadspace is also the motherfucking

I'm not sure about Best of 08, but I did love Dead Space a lot. It really was a fun, polished, if not totally unique title that kept me interested till the end, and become one of two decently long games I felt necessary to complete in a 5 day rental..