Lufia 1 & 2 Project! New thread above!

Bahamut

Here's an example - do you remember when the Disco Dan & McVaffe tracks were posted on the site? It was Triforce Majeure and The Darkness and the Light, respectively. The comparisons made drove McVaffe not to submit anything for a while if I remember correctly.

That's McVaffe's own personal problem if he took any criticism negatively. There are loads of songs on this site that remix the same theme (Schala, Wily's Castle, Ice Cap, etc.) and I'm pretty sure most of the people who submit remixes of those themes are aware of that fact, and they should realize that listeners may draw comparisons to other remixes of the same song. Even if two songs are posted at separate times, there could be comparisons. It could happen even if it's not one of the popular tracks/games to remix.

I see no problem allowing remixes of the same track, if that's what the remixers want to do. The more the merrier, I say.

That's McVaffe's own personal problem if he took any criticism negatively. There are loads of songs on this site that remix the same theme (Schala, Wily's Castle, Ice Cap, etc.) and I'm pretty sure most of the people who submit remixes of those themes are aware of that fact, and they should realize that listeners may draw comparisons to other remixes of the same song. Even if two songs are posted at separate times, there could be comparisons. It could happen even if it's not one of the popular tracks/games to remix.

I see no problem allowing remixes of the same track, if that's what the remixers want to do. The more the merrier, I say.

Well, the discussion got rendered moot with SnappleMan's move heh.

I wish I could contribute in a manner other than offering encouragement. But I can't.

So, good luck folks - this project could conceivably out-awesome all the others this site has brought forth, and I definitely look forward to listening to the finished result. Hats off to Arek and Bahamut for getting the ball rolling.

Definitely excited to see what people come up with for the Underwater theme in Lufia II. I like my Underwater mixes!

Then there are the obvious ones, Lufia II (and I assume 1, never played it) had very grand rock style combat themes, and I can only assume that the remixes of these will turn out nothing short of epic as well.

Parting is another favorite of mine, and I wonder if it would be possible to turn nothing into something and do a mix of the Inn jingle? Ok, that last one might be pushing it :lol: .

In any case, good luck with the project guys, this will be a great one to look forward to for the next... while or so!

This is a friggin' stellar artist list so far! I hope most/all of these artists follow through and finish the tracks they've claimed. This could be really great, best of luck to all those involved! :)

Funny you should say that - about an year ago, perhaps a little less, I was gauging interest in #ocremix on IRC for a Lufia 2 project (no Lufia 1 even) and I had trouble finding people who would be interested in such a project. I had already talked to Arek about wanting to do such a project sometime in the fall & asked for his assistance, but I wasn't sure whether it would take off with the disinterest I met.

Fast forward to now, I connected with more people in the community & noticed that some people were more than willing to do such a project such as Nekofrog (I remembered hearing an earlier version of this:

) and OA (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01795/ ). Coupled with djp & his own Lufia 2 mix (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00300/ ), I figured that perhaps I could find enough interest and asked around again. I'm glad that I didn't give up hope on such a project, because I found quite more interest than I was expecting, so I quickly prepared this thread in an effort to have the project open rather than have people suspect us of having a pre-invite list & playing favorites, which wasn't the intention - I apologize to any who might've thought that was the case, as I did try to gather inquiries from a few people of possible interest before deciding to go forward with this with Arek.

It looks like the project is thriving now, and it's exciting to watch so many excellent remixers dedicate themselves to making some good Lufia mixes.

Bumping this up - could still use some more mixers on board.

Edit: So my copy of the soundtrack arrived today, and I have determined that "Final Battle" from Lufia 2 is different from "The Final Decisive Battle" a few tracks earlier on the OST. This track is notably missing in the SPC files and the Youtube playlist. PM me for details.