The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Gerudo Valley - G.E.R.U.D.O.

Tepid

After downloading the most recent torrent at OCR, I'm starting to get back into the site. Last time I checked the Workshop Feedback was called WIP: Remixes haha. This started as an OLRemix with farts, but turned out too good so I decided I'd work towards an OCReMix.

Anyway, this is a dirty electro take on Gerudo Valley, inspired by Japanese/French electro artists:

SUBBED*

UPDATED MIX:

- Lots of new stuff including guitar solo.

- Newest update includes a better mix, EQ'ing and a new pad at the end.

- Extended intro

- More work on drums

- Some overall EQ'ing on mix

- More EQ'ing

Well, this is the first remix i'm checking out with my new speakers and its giving them a good workout.

I like the bass line and the drums seems to kick with no probs. I agree that maybe the drums could use a change up here and there and the length of the song is something your probably going to work on as well. The lead synth seems to be coming through just nicely and it above everything else, like it should be. The synth string thing that fades in and out is kinda different, and when its by itself seems odd, but it fits in with the rest of the song.

The production seems pretty good so far and i'm looking forward to an update on your interesting take on the classic theme.

"Please do not create Multiple Threads for a single WIP."

Darkesword just stickied that up yesterday.

And what I said said before:

It's kind of boring. your sounds are real nice but it's kinda "bleh" Everything's kinda the same. Try changing up what's happening (like high energy parts and low energy parts and make em feel different, they're all medium energy parts that feel the same)

Alright, notes taken (I can be pretty OCD about obvious typos, so my apologies). I'm working the mix right now, trying to add some variety, and even put in a guitar solo. I'll post the update shortly.

Edit: I realized the thread is now titled: 'he Legend of Zelda.' FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ya know to edit the thread title just edit the first post and change the title...

ahh masta phil you always amaze me with your music man! well i only have minor gripes about this the intro is very good but i think you shouldnt introduce the melody too early like let the bass play first then build up the melody cuz it starts too sudden for me. Also I argee about the drums it just need some variation and some fills. and yeah thats it keep me posted!

Damn man, this came a long ways. I really like this remix. I'm more of a metal head myself so sometimes these types of remixes don't fly so well with me but this one man is awesome.

The production now is spot on. The bass really kicks and punches but doesn't break into other tracks in the mix. The drum beat is nice and not repetitive and i'm really digging the lead synths. Its interesting that this was a latin/mexican themed song in the source and you turned into an electronic dance beat track. Great job man!

BTW, who's playing the lead at 2:20? Is that you?

After downloading the most recent torrent at OCR, I'm starting to get back into the site. Last time I checked the Workshop Feedback was called WIP: Remixes haha. This started as an OLRemix with farts, but turned out too good so I decided I'd work towards an OCReMix.

Anyway, this is a dirty electro take on Gerudo Valley, inspired by Japanese/French electro artists:

SUBBED*

UPDATED MIX:

- Lots of new stuff including guitar solo.

- Newest update includes a better mix, EQ'ing and a new pad at the end.

- Extended intro

- More work on drums

- Some overall EQ'ing on mix

- More EQ'ing

Please provide a link to the mix, I actually never listened to it because I was trying to help you with your thread title problem. :(