OCR01854 - Rygar "Don't Mess with Rygar"

djpretzel

The somber choir+bell intro adds a delicate counterbalance to the transitory bulk, from apprehensive to full-blown hectic. It totally exemplifies the danger of those areas with those skeletal birds dropping eggs on Rygar's head every screen. This time, Rygar's fighting back. HARD. And it puts a big smile on my face. :-D

Damn, I wish this was longer, because it's so good. After it stopped I could hear where i'd have taken it next, but I'd like to hear what Pascal would have done. The way it's arrange, i'm really surprised the source is so short, because it doesn't feel stretched out at all.

Amazing work, you need to get more mixes up in here. :-)

Taking 18 seconds of music and creating a piece over two minutes is certainly a task. I was wondering why the song was so short, but I hadn't listened to the source until now. I think what's been done here is really cool. The build-up of instruments and speed keeps the song moving and interesting.

This works really well, and I think for using an 18 second source this turned out beyond what I would have expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This was in no way what I was expecting when I downloaded this mix, and I have to say that I don't think any other mixes on the site that have pleasantly surprised me as much as this one did. The orchestration of this one is fantastic, and the resemblance of In the Hall of the Mountain King is apparent and enjoyable.

I'm going to be on the other side of the boat about the length, I think this one is just perfect. Any longer and I think this would have overstayed it's welcome or lost it's intensity.

Awesome work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01854 - Rygar "Don't Mess with Rygar"