Transformers 2: Or how I can't believe no one thought of this for Soundwave

Wacky

shut the fuck up and get your high school 'opinions are great' inane bunch of wishy washy refuckingtarded bullshit out of here

I am so not in the mood for any of that moronic crap

what the hell are you talking about. my whole point was about people like you who think just because someone doesn't agree with you, they are retarded. They disagree and you respond by acting like you just did. get over yourself.

what the hell are you talking about.

the post is pretty self explanatory you might want to try reading it again

my whole point was about people like you who think just because someone doesn't agree with you, they are retarded.

and my point was that the idea of opinions being invincible pillars of infallibility is one that usually sprouts out of ridiculously simple minds in order to defend their pathetic viewpoints instead of actually putting forth the effort to prove why they are incorrect

transformers 2 was a bad movie, and if you liked it

you

are

an

idiot

you are welcome to try and prove me wrong, but pulling the 'opinions opinions opinions' card isn't going to do anything but prove that you're somewhere between 12 and 16

I can understand people hating on the movie, that's fine. Sure, it could be better in every sense of story and plot. But I have to say though, that the first film probably wouldn't have even been made. They had a hard enough time convincing a movie studio to do it until Spielberg backed it Let's not start getting into Spielberg's ideas and directing post Minority Report okay? Yeah, I've enjoyed pretty much all of his movies, even Crystal Skull.

Minority Report was mediocre and I couldn't finish Crystal Skull. Or course I'm just one guy.

transformers 2 was a bad movie, and if you liked it you are an idiot

you are welcome to try and prove me wrong, but pulling the 'opinions opinions opinions' card isn't going to do anything but prove that you're somewhere between 12 and 16

8O

I'm 23, and an idiot, sorry Bleck.:cry: I enjoyed the movie, but is there room to make it better? Absolutely. But I guess I'm not making any sense am I?

Minority Report was mediocre and I couldn't finish Crystal Skull. Or course I'm just one guy.

That's fine. I know plenty that didn't like either. I still enjoyed them, and that's enough for me.

the post is pretty self explanatory you might want to try reading it again

and my point was that the idea of opinions being invincible pillars of infallibility is one that usually sprouts out of ridiculously simple minds in order to defend their pathetic viewpoints instead of actually putting forth the effort to prove why they are incorrect

transformers 2 was a bad movie, and if you liked it

you

are

an

idiot

24 years old here, and I enjoyed it, but I went in expecting Giant Robots,Giant explosions and Meghan fox.

It didn't disappoint.

eh, cept that wasnt what i was doing. the comment was about people like you who call everyone idiots because they disagree with you.

Man, the only movie I disliked this much was Epic Movie.

anybody who actually likes any of those spoof films probably also thinks that the phrase 'git r done' is kneeslappin hilarious

and as such they should be removed from the population in the quickest and cleanest way possible ASAP

but pulling the 'opinions opinions opinions' card isn't going to do anything but prove that you're somewhere between 12 and 16

What does that mean for me, I'm 16 and I hated this movie. Am I still an idiot just because of my age?

What does that mean for me, I'm 16 and I hated this movie. Am I still an idiot just because of my age?

you are probably an idiot in other ways since you are 16 but you're taste in movies is unhindered

it was never about your opinion about the movie being wrong. it was about calling everyone retarded because they didnt agree with you.

I am calling people who liked the movie retarded because it was a terrible movie

the fact that they do not agree with me is just a coincidence

Meh, the movie was okay. I thought it was better than the first in some ways. the first was a better movie, but this was a better Transformers movie. It actually had some story apart from "Cube, robots, fight!". I'm not saying the story was great, but it's nice to have one.

Too many unnecessary humping and bodily function jokes, and the twins needed only half the role they had. In their place, put Arcee in! Or even better, how about actually introducing us to some of the other autobots? Seriously; in one scene it showed all the autobots and I saw a blue one and I thought "Who the heck is that? Has he even been in the movie before this??"

Apart from Shia, the human actors didn't seem interested in being there. Megan was even worse this time around, And the military guys seemed to only be there for novelty because of the first movie. Also, If there's another desert fight scene in the next movie :x

But there was a lot of good stuff too. Tons of fanservice. Soundwave, Ravage, Space Bridges, Matrix of Leadership, Insecticons, Jetfire, and Devastator were all handled wonderfully, and the larger interaction between Starscream and Megatron was excellent. The first movie was a total setup for the robots, and this time we were able to see them act by themselves.

Overall, there was a lot of untapped potential and ideas that they could put into the next movie. For example, how about a car chase, where the robot chasers and chasee change their vehicles around every turn? :<

The thread is a big tldr, but I really liked the movie. It was unashamed. You sat down, and the movie walked up and introduced itself. It says "Hi, I'm Trans-fucking-formers 2. So lemme lay it out for ya. I don't have a plot. We're gonna blow shit up for 2.5 hours, and when we aren't blowin' shit up, you'll be seeing Megan Fox a LOT. Like it, love it, or shove it."

And I was like, alright, cool. I liked it. I thought Soundwave was genius. I thought the voices for Megatron and Starcream were great. I chuckled at the Autobot twins, even though I never downright laughed at them. I was very slightly irritated that the Fallen looked suspiciously like a robotic Davey Jones, and I coulda done without the little dude that Megan Fox keeps in her box. (I made a double entendre.) I really coulda done without the old ass Decepticon convert that was also a Blackbird. I sincerely wished Sam's parents would die. But the ONLY thing that made me damn near scream is that for SOME reason, they chose to NOT COLOR THE DECEPTICONS AT ALL AND I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK ANY OF THEM ARE.

But you know what? It was fun to watch. I didn't go for plot, or to watch them observe fanboy canon to the letter. It was just fun. I definitely thought the pacing was pretty crazy for the first movie, but they fixed my main complaint and ZOOMED THE FUCK OUT when the two story robots with 190 million moving parts were having fights. Overall I say 7 dollars well spent.

The thread is a big tldr, but I really liked the movie. It was unashamed. You sat down, and the movie walked up and introduced itself. It says "Hi, I'm Trans-fucking-formers 2. So lemme lay it out for ya. I don't have a plot. We're gonna blow shit up for 2.5 hours, and when we aren't blowin' shit up, you'll be seeing Megan Fox a LOT. Like it, love it, or shove it."

This is precisely why I enjoyed the movie.

In a word, it was "fun." It has some big problems with characters randomly and inexplicably appearing from nowhere, a rail gun that stops being used for no apparent reason, waaaaaay too much lame sexual humor only funny to 13 year olds discovering that boys and girls are different, and a rather anti-climatic ending, but it was fun. It is the cartoon come to life and is completely unapologetic about it.

A question on the score, supposedly Jablonski worked in the original Transformers theme and "The Touch" from the movie, but I never heard either. Did anyone catch that at some point?

A question on the score, supposedly Jablonski worked in the original Transformers theme and "The Touch" from the movie, but I never heard either. Did anyone catch that at some point?

Because they had to play Green Day's "21 Guns" about 5 times through the film. Stupid for me to have noticed that, but I unfortunately did. Only one of the few qualms I had with the movie.

I like Green Day's older material (1st 4 albums), I can't stand their whole political junk.

Not trying to be a smart alike bleck, but in all honesty, how would you have thought for Soundwave to have been used in the movie? I'm just curious. Yeah, it would have been nice for him to have been a cassette player, but, eh, I don't know.

I'll take Satellite Soundwave over Boom Box Soundwave anyday.

I mean let's face it, Soundwave let his minions do all the dirty work in the cartoon, too, so his alternate form doesn't have to be battle-ready. In fact it never was.

There WERE two robots that totally blew it though, and they were the RC truck and the Decepticon "Doctor." Why? Goofy comic relief characters. Jetfire came close I suppose since he kept falling down and falling apart and had a ridiculous accent, but at least he was a real character.

I love the way they did Arcee, though. I'm not sure if the bikes all combine into one or what, but it's the best I've ever seen her character presented, I suppose... considering she did next to nothing besides look feminine in the cartoon.

I thought Soundwave as a satellite was actually a cool idea.

The terrible part was keeping him as a satellite for the entire fucking movie. A bunch of nameless, faceless Decepticons descend from space to fight instead of fucking Soundwave? That's just terrible.

Also they got the original voice actor and still managed to get his voice wrong.

Overall I say 7 dollars well spent.

Wow...7 dollars.

The cons of living in Los Angeles. Tickets to see a movie are about 14 dollars a pop here...sucks.

I'm going to see this tomorrow despite the horrendous reviews, mainly because I'm bored out of my mind right now.

you are probably an idiot in other ways since you are 16 but you're taste in movies is unhindered

Mruphy's law: It is astronomically more likely that when pointing out grammar/spelling mistakes in someone's post or otherwise insulting their intelligence that you will make some of your own.

I've already said I'm cool with a movie whose main selling points are Megan Fox and giant robots beating the hell out of each other.

That being said, I still want the third one to have intelligent plot and motherfucking UNICRON.

And this time lets not go fantastic 4 and make it an evil cloud (oh no! Quick, someone get a desk fan). When I say Unicron I mean "that's no moon" with freakin tusks trying to eat the planet Unicron.

Mruphy's law: It is astronomically more likely that when pointing out grammar/spelling mistakes in someone's post or otherwise insulting their intelligence that you will make some of your own.

I don't think that was even his intention.

Anyhow, at least spell your own user name correctly.