she - electronica you should be listening to.

reelmojo

Hmm... its not blowing me away. Its either the hype this topic has generated or its because I've been way into Susumu Hirasawa.

Meh, Paprika soundtrack only has the two songs worth listening to and the various iterations of these. I've been listening to she way before I saw Paprika though so perhaps it's nostalgia bias..

*rocks out to Nigeru Mono for a while*

..ok then, Susumu Hirasawa is awesome.

Meh, Paprika soundtrack only has the two songs worth listening to.

That's because there ARE only two songs on Paprika pretty much.

Still, I'm listening to LOUNGE and doing something similar for the Lufia project. But anyway, I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't think much of she, I just meant I was expected to be blown away.

This guy's stuff is awesome. Thanks for passing it on!

Confirmed. Another damn guy.

Why don't more women make awesome electronic music? It bothers me that the only major music figure I can think of fitting that category is Bjork. Yetch.

And not via committee and not electro-pop, but awesome women, behind a desktop, running MIDI and composing with 808s and z3ta+ for godssakes.

I want to like this, I really do. The production's top-notch, but most of the melodies just feel too... bright and cheesy. :|

Perhaps I'm just becoming a cynical bastard in my... old age? ( :lol: )

Also, is Supersonic a Mega Man remix?

EDIT: Okay, I've listened to some more and I'm opening up to it a bit more. Nebula may just have convinced me.

Why don't more women make awesome electronic music? It bothers me that the only major music figure I can think of fitting that category is Bjork. Yetch.

And not via committee and not electro-pop, but awesome women, behind a desktop, running MIDI and composing with 808s and z3ta+ for godssakes.

I just noticed the Pony Canyon link on the she website, which brought to mind Nahoko Kakiage, formerly of the Eccentric Opera. Maybe not quite what you're looking for (perhaps a bit too Bjork-esque), but... uh... well, there you go.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...