Game Fuel

Thin Crust

So when Halo 3 came out in 07' and Pepsi showed off their new product 'game fuel' featuring master chief I was indifferent. At halo parties, there is always dew around and game fuel seemed like just another money making scheme trying to capitalize on someone else's success. Then I find out that they are doing it again.

godno.jpg

What I have to ask is, why World of Warcraft? First of all, the game is 5ive years old by now. I was still in high school when it was released. It's far too late to try and introduce a soda based on it. Secondly, World of Warcraft isn't a game you need energy drinks to play. In Halo, there is fast paced action that requires twitchy fingers to perform well. But in WoW, the pace is much slower. You don't need sugar rushes to win. On the contrary, what it takes to win in WoW is skill and tactics... and really good equipment. Or so I would guess. I've never played the game myself.

But anyway, when I first saw it I saw no point in it. What do you all think?

The reasoning behind it seems rather simple, with WoW having such a huge playerbase. They're selling character statues and such, so why not energy drinks?

Yeah, WoW is a slow game compared to FPSes, and I figure that nobody but rogue-players will have any kind of benefit from a sugar rush. On the other hand, I don't know how intense PVP is as any other class.

But in WoW, the pace is much slower. You don't need sugar rushes to win. On the contrary, what it takes to win in WoW is skill and tactics... and really good equipment. Or so I would guess. I've never played the game myself.

But anyway, when I first saw it I saw no point in it. What do you all think?

uhhh, energy drinks aren't about being twitchy...they're about staying awake....

...what about an energy drink to an MMO community doesn't make sense?

And really, every nerd on the fricken planet has a mountain dew obsession. It's like synonymous with nerd culture.

Anyway, example:

We are looking for dedicated individuals who can raid at least 5 days a week (Fri & Sat are offnights) from 7:45pm est to 12am (or later if necessary.) If you are unable to commit to this schedule, do not bother applying. You must have experience with high end raid content, and have the gear to be able to function efficiently in those instances.

etc etc etc etc

And...PvP and PvE alike can be pretty fast-faced...it really depends on what's going on and where.

PS mountain dew is gross imho.

Since when is mountain dew an energy drink? Its fucking mountain dew with a different flavor added to it. Now if they had MDX, which is a shitty lower level mountain dew energy drink style thing, then that could be considered that. But anyway, the Halo mountain dew tasted like ass, so I don't see them doing much with this.

Since when is mountain dew an energy drink? Its fucking mountain dew with a different flavor added to it. Now if they had MDX, which is a shitty lower level mountain dew energy drink style thing, then that could be considered that. But anyway, the Halo mountain dew tasted like ass, so I don't see them doing much with this.

I find Mountain Dew to be a good way to clean out my colon. Way too much sugar for me.

If you want energy, go drink a sobe adrenaline rush. They be tasty.

As far as the question on why pepsi and Blizzard would do this is as someone already mentioned, Mountain Dew and WoW are basically synonymous with computer gaming culture... At least from my observations.

Personally I don't find Mountain Dew too drink able, but that Cherry Citirus stuff they had for Halo 3 was pretty great. Now that I think about it tho' that new Volt stuff of theirs is pretty good too.

As to why this new stuff is linked to WoW... maybe there was a small flux in the subscribtions and Blizzard paniced thinking it was gonna fall apart there. Or maybe it was a standstill... I dunno. Personaly I don't care either, WoW isn't my thing (neither is Halo 3 and I drank that stuff...)

Secondly, World of Warcraft isn't a game you need energy drinks to play. In Halo, there is fast paced action that requires twitchy fingers to perform well. But in WoW, the pace is much slower. You don't need sugar rushes to win.

Dude, I like you, so I'm gonna try to be nice about this. Implying that you need a "rush of energy" to successfully perform an activity that only requires moving two to four fingers is hilarious. Tack onto that the fact that Halo's a pretty popular game to pull out at a kegger, and some of the highest gamerscores on the planet belong to college binge drinkers... I'd say that there's not precisely a NEED for gamers to have an energy drink to "increase performance", because evidently it's pretty easy to rack up the kills when you're inebriated. Just sayin.' All we're really doing is sitting on our asses staring at a screen, regardless of the game.