Snes Jurassic Park Mountain Trance/Techno/Garionica (Submitted, thanks all!)

Gario

BUMP! No comments on the last version? Either that's a really good thing or a bad thing, I dunno...

Another update for you all - I changed the ending yet again :). There is a transition that I've improved, and the production quality is better in this version (I reduced the popping considerably).

Unless someone has any complaints about the music (except for the voice clips - they stay 'cause I love em') I'm going to submit this version - I'm quite satisfied with it. However, I feel that the 128 bit rate screws up the quality considerably. If someone knows of a free program that create Mp3s with variable bit rate, please let me know - I would appreciate it greatly.

Yay for Gario reaching Little Mac (+900) status. XD

BUMP! No comments on the last version? Either that's a really good thing or a bad thing, I dunno...

Another update for you all - I changed the ending yet again :). There is a transition that I've improved, and the production quality is better in this version (I reduced the popping considerably).

Unless someone has any complaints about the music (except for the voice clips - they stay 'cause I love em') I'm going to submit this version - I'm quite satisfied with it. However, I feel that the 128 bit rate screws up the quality considerably. If someone knows of a free program that create Mp3s with variable bit rate, please let me know - I would appreciate it greatly.

Well Gario can't you up the bit rate to 192? Or does Reason not allow you to? That sucks, I use FL and it lets me use whatever bit rate I want (since OCR draws the line at 192, I just use that for my default mp3 deporta- *ahem* exportation. Yes, that was a terrible joke on illegal immigrants; these illegal immigrants being the clipping and popping and such.).

Edit: Voice samples gotta go.

*ahem*

"(except for the voice clips - they stay 'cause I love em')" - Gario

I have to admit Gario your mix has gotten quite enjoyable... if not for the un-enjoyable quality. XD

You could send me the MIDI... but it won't have your synths. Does Reason use soundfonts in .sf2 format or.wav format? If so you can send me the sounds if you aren't using a sampler... but it won't have the effects (if you didn't put effects like delay and reverb that would make things easier). We would have to go back and forth trying to get the right sound. And that's not fun, considering I'm already doing a collab...

So... sorry. XD

I really like this because it has an oldschool OCRemix vibe to it, partly thanks to some of the samples/synths being pretty campy.

They're all used well in context though, and the mixing sounds balanced and juicy to me. I like the voice samples as well.

Not absolutely sure if it's going to be accepted, seeing how delivering 'up-to-date' sounds seems to be considered a big issue in genres like this, but regardless of that, great mix.

The fade out ending is a bit lackluster though.

Yay for Gario reaching Little Mac (+900) status.
And counting :wink:.
Well Gario can't you up the bit rate to 192?
I can, but it takes the file over 6mb. Even 160 bit rate takes the file over a bit, so the next step down (128 ) takes it under the limit, but it hurts the sound, sadly. If anyone knows of a program to convert the original wave to a variable bit rate I'd appreciate it - it could probably sit well at 144 or something.

Actually, Reason exports the file into wave (1411 bit, or uncompressed sound), but OCR won't accept it due to the file size. Thanks for the offer to export it, but the problem lies in the file size after exporting it, not the bit rate, necessarily.

Not trance.
Actually, I sort of know... If you know the genre that I have, could you let me know? I'm terrible at labeling the genre of my music (seriously, I have no clue what the genre of this is - this is the sound you get when you give a classically trained composer some electronic sounds, lol).
The fade out ending is a bit lackluster though.
I'll tinker with the ending a little before I sub, I guess - I agree it's a little lackluster and that I'm not fully satisfied with it.

Thanks for the input, guys!

This sounds really cool! I love what you were able to do.

Only things that pulled on me artistically were the samples and the constant hi octave synths.

Vocal Samples: IMO do more with them, make them a bigger part of the song or cut them out. If you want to keep them try vocoding, scatching, studdering... those sort of reworks. The pitch shift on the sample "Welcome to-" in the middle of the track is moving in the right direction, more of that kind of stuff. But be careful because you don't want to have them irritate the listener.

Hi-Octave Synths: The just started to bug after awhile. Is there any way to add a kind of mid-ranged instrument to assist?

Fade-Out Ending: DJ's hate fades. This track could be performed. Is there anyway you could just have the song give us a hard kick hit with a nice reverbed tail as your layers just echo off? I can hear your synths finish there notes before you complete the fade, so you could put it there? I know OCR places time restraints on us so I don't wanna mess with the way your song length is.

All an All this track is pretty awesome, I could keep it and love it as-is. Good job.

Hope when you sub they take it.

This sounds really cool! I love what you were able to do.

Only things that pulled on me artistically were the samples and the constant hi octave synths.

Vocal Samples: IMO do more with them, make them a bigger part of the song or cut them out. If you want to keep them try vocoding, scatching, studdering... those sort of reworks. The pitch shift on the sample "Welcome to-" in the middle of the track is moving in the right direction, more of that kind of stuff. But be careful because you don't want to have them irritate the listener.

Hi-Octave Synths: The just started to bug after awhile. Is there any way to add a kind of mid-ranged instrument to assist?

Fade-Out Ending: DJ's hate fades. This track could be performed. Is there anyway you could just have the song give us a hard kick hit with a nice reverbed tail as your layers just echo off? I can hear your synths finish there notes before you complete the fade, so you could put it there? I know OCR places time restraints on us so I don't wanna mess with the way your song length is.

All an All this track is pretty awesome, I could keep it and love it as-is. Good job.

Hope when you sub they take it.

Nothing's wrong with a fading ending "if it's done right". (quote of judges I saw in a discussion where someone said fading endings were abrupt)

"DJ's hate fades. This track could be performed." I don't think Gario intends this to be played by a DJ. xD But I do know one thing.

Not everyone in this community is a DJ and has the same interest as a DJ, so it's fine if DJ's hate the ending as long as some people do like the ending. Also, not all of the judges are DJ's either (well I know at least one isn't unless he has some sort of secret side activity I don't know about) so they won't reject it just because the ending doesn't fit to a DJ's taste.

I gotta say, this should make it past the judges. The bass line rocks like a techno mix should along with the drums. That high lead is nice now. It really adds to the atmosphere of the track. The couple quick breaks with that pulsating synth are a very nice touch and add to the whole techno/trance vibe. The break at 1:27 is a nice touch and the fade back in around 1:52 is awesome. I really like the change up in the bass line/drum beat as well when everything comes back in. It makes it less repetitive and more appealing. The breakdown at 2:30 is also a nice touch. It seems a tad longer than originally what you had posted but i like it.

As for how the ending is written now i don't think its a big deal that it fades out like that. If you wanted a subtle change try fading each instrument out individually and then maybe that pulsating synth, or whatever instrument is left, could just play one last and loud note. Alternatively, after each instrument fades out individually, have them all come back for one last quick loud note along with a drum kick or something along those lines.

All in all, it seems likes its ready. YEAH! :)

It was just an artistic preference. 8)

Besides what if I want to play or perform it? :razz:

It was just an idea to make the overall track more workable for others, esp. DJ's. I totally understand why people wouldn't make their remix track like that. It's just a bummer.

It was just an artistic preference. 8)

Besides what if I want to play or perform it? :razz:

It was just an idea to make the overall track more workable for others, esp. DJ's. I totally understand why people wouldn't make their remix track like that. It's just a bummer.

...what if you want to... What if you want to... WHAT IF YOU WANT TO?!??!?! WELL NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU xD :tomatoface:

But seriously, you kinda gave me the impression that you were demanding. (ex. "DJ's hate that ending" I thought you were telling him it wouldn't get past the judges.)

And counting :wink:.

I can, but it takes the file over 6mb. Even 160 bit rate takes the file over a bit, so the next step down (128 ) takes it under the limit, but it hurts the sound, sadly. If anyone knows of a program to convert the original wave to a variable bit rate I'd appreciate it - it could probably sit well at 144 or something.

Actually, Reason exports the file into wave (1411 bit, or uncompressed sound), but OCR won't accept it due to the file size. Thanks for the offer to export it, but the problem lies in the file size after exporting it, not the bit rate, necessarily.

Actually, I sort of know... If you know the genre that I have, could you let me know? I'm terrible at labeling the genre of my music (seriously, I have no clue what the genre of this is - this is the sound you get when you give a classically trained composer some electronic sounds, lol).

I'll tinker with the ending a little before I sub, I guess - I agree it's a little lackluster and that I'm not fully satisfied with it.

Thanks for the input, guys!

And as for genre, Shariq said this: "genre classification is stupid, it's a piece of music" (lol I can imagine Tendou from Kamen Rider Kabuto saying that XD "Shariq-san ga itte ta... xD"). If you MUST know, I would say it's...

GARIONICA!!!

And as for file size/bit rate, can you export it as the original wave instead? I could put it through Fruityloops and export it as 192 bitrate mp3, I'm not sure if that would change anything but still XD.

A small update - I changed the ending around 'cause I wasn't satisfied with it. Rig1015 was lucky, seeing we had a shared opinion of the ending, so now it doesn't fadeout, anymore. I also increased the volume by ever so slight an amount and soft-clipped the last of the 'pops' out of the track.

Let me know how the ending sounds now - I think it's better, though :).

Vocal Samples: IMO do more with them, make them a bigger part of the song or cut them out.

No. :<

I see your point, though - maybe the next time I incorporate clips into a track I'll take that into consideration (although I absolutely cannot vocode - one of those things that I need to learn before I die :P).

It was just an idea to make the overall track more workable for others, esp. DJ's.

Not a bad consideration... if it's just the ending (which I changed) and the unaltered voice clips (which will stay, for OCR), I wouldn't mind making a version for your table (just PM me with some of the details :-o).

If you MUST know, I would say it's...

GARIONICA!!!

Yes, everyone - it's time to break down to a whole new genre! Be very afraid!

And as for file size/bit rate, can you export it as the original wave instead?

I could, but it's over 60mbs so I don't really want to take the bandwidth for it :|. Thanks anyway, though.

A small update - I changed the ending around 'cause I wasn't satisfied with it. Rig1015 was lucky, seeing we had a shared opinion of the ending, so now it doesn't fadeout, anymore. I also increased the volume by ever so slight an amount and soft-clipped the last of the 'pops' out of the track.

Let me know how the ending sounds now - I think it's better, though :).

No. :<

I see your point, though - maybe the next time I incorporate clips into a track I'll take that into consideration (although I absolutely cannot vocode - one of those things that I need to learn before I die :P).

Not a bad consideration... if it's just the ending (which I changed) and the unaltered voice clips (which will stay, for OCR), I wouldn't mind making a version for your table (just PM me with some of the details :-o).

Yes, everyone - it's time to break down to a whole new genre! Be very afraid!

I could, but it's over 60mbs so I don't really want to take the bandwidth for it :|. Thanks anyway, though.

xD I can just imagine your descendant's parents being like "Look kids! Your great great grandfather was the one who created Garionica out of Classical and Electronica styles of music! We still have the mp3 of his first written Garionica piece!"

"Oh mom/dad/futuristic alien very similar to humans, don't you know that nobody uses mp3's anymore?" (Note: This scenario does not encourage young hooligans to address their parental figures as futuristic aliens very similar to humans.)