OCR01858 - Super Dodge Ball "Rockin' the Yard"

djpretzel

I'm feeling this. Oh, I'm feeling this big time. Very jazzy and rocking... I'm simply at a loss of what to say on this, other than that its really brilliant.

I didn't even know I had a craving for sax soloing... but now that its being tamed, I can't stop listening to this amazingness!

Great job, Brad. This is a pure winner. :D

Pretty great stuff, this yard be rockin- nice work Brad (and the assist from Andy). Good sax playing, some nice fills, and a lot of variation. The panning was cool, as I'm a fan of dueling saxes, and it let you layer on all kinds of craziness without things getting smashed together. Great harmonies too.

I'm excited to hear more. Maybe we could collab and have *real* dueling saxes. I'm sure you are dying to do another track with someone else.;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Furious intro; the perfect way to start a song. The instrumentation here is wonderful. The drums, the EP, the sax, the guitars...it all comes together so incredibly well (though I do agree with what Bahamut said).

Amazing remix. If that's how you roll solo, then I hope you'll grace us with some more remixes of this kind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's fun hearing this song because I haven't played SDB in about a decade but the music is slightly familiar. I get a sense of nostalgia but I don't exactly know what is new and what is old. Anyway, I thought Brad wasn't giving himself enough credit here - even if the playing isn't perfect, there's a lot of great expression going on in this song; the live sax makes a world of difference. The mix pops out at you and that keeps it very compelling, and the individual parts sound good apart and better together. Great track, Brad!

• 3 months later...

The live sax on this is pretty crazy, but I think the most impressive part is how you used so many different sound effects from the organ, guitar, and what sound like synths to help bolster them up :-) That's what it takes to make a truly successful solo mix, and damn did you deliver! :-D

My only complaint is that it sounds a little disharmonious when you've got both saxes playing at the same time, but it's only for a few seconds and really a minor issue. Everything about this I just loved!

• 2 weeks later...

The live sax does not disappoint, as always. I like how upbeat this song is, it makes me smile every time it comes up on a playlist. All the different instruments come together in this mix so well, and play off each other in great harmony. Loving the drums especially, they just give the song that much more attitude and style. Hoping that you'll put out more anything soon, solo or otherwise, this is good stuff.

• 9 months later...

I. Love. It. I remember playing this so much as a kid. My childhood memories of this game will forever be infused from now on with this pumped-up jam. The amount of reverb is perfect -- PERFECT! -- and the organ and bass interact perfectly with the melody.

5/5 stars on my completely arbitrary rating system. I think I'm going to go play SDB with my roommate now ... :)!!

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01858 - Super Dodge Ball "Rockin' the Yard"