Final Fantasy VIII - The Great Train Robbery! (The Mission)

Here's a couple minutes of a remix of The Mission from FF8 I've been working on (in the game, it plays when you're hijacking the train). This part's pretty similar to the original, but it gets a lot more varied up later in the piece. I've got several more minutes done, but it's all in pieces right now. I'm also missing a beginning on this, but that'll come. Production's got some work to do too. Anyway, I'm just getting it out there.

http://www.aquestionofextremes.com/theMissionDemo.mp3

The original is here:

I'm loving the cinematic approach you're trying to put on this. The train scene was one of my favorites, and you're capturing the mood well.

The arrangement sounds solid; the problems lie in the samples you're using. The strings sound very synthetic and static; having more variety or higher-quality samples could help that quite a bit.

Try working on the balance between your strings and percussion. Sometimes, one overcrowds the other, and the impact of some of those accents would be stronger if they're only loud when you want a strong point. Hard to explain, but think of how accents sound in, say, PoTC.

Interesting start, though. Can't wait to hear more progress on it! :thumbsup: