Reset Generation - My Take on it (Very Early W.I.P)

Analog-X64

Hi Everyone,

Long time Lurker :) First remix attempt :) I dont have a place to host files, so it will have to go here for now: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDR40IFX

I dont expect to win, so I'm doing this for the fun of it. This is what I have so far, I'm still debating if I should include a Percussion track or leave it bare. I know it needs a bit of variety.

I'd like to hear some feedback from the Pro's here.

Thanks.

Is there a source?

That one synth sounds like spot on Pendulum to me. Which I like a lot.

Here's the thing with this though, it's a neat minute of material. But after that, I get bored with it. At about a minute or so it needs to do something. (my first thought is right at 1:08) Let those long synths fade away to nothingness and come in with what you want to do with the thing.

Since I compared it to Pendulum, you can go the route of Drum n' Bass with it. The instrumentation right now is close to the genre.

I like what you have so far, hope this helps

-He

For a start, it's not bad! As suggested before, it needs to change direction about halfway through. I'd throw in a surprise around 1:10 by introducing some drums and adding in a new melody. The time leading up to that makes a GREAT intro.

Pretty much, the only major problem with it so far is that it lacks direction, but that can be easily fixed! So spend some more time with it.

Keep us posted! :)

hewhoisiam & MattInc:

Thanks for the feedback guy's you just confirmed, what I was thinking, a Drum and Bass would probably work quite well.

And I totally agree with you guys, at around 1 Minute mark it does need to do something.

Now does anyone know if I can additional Riffs and such that are not in the original tune? something that is not too far off the mark, and yet somehow sounds like it would be in the original track?

Well, I'd go to full time. It's got a bunch of long notes. Since I'm already the broken record for DnB, a neat trick is playing around in times, half to full and back again. (I'll be honest, almost all the DnB I listen to is on net radio type streaming stations and stuff, so I don't have much in the way of examples)

You can do a beat that's very fast and sort of lite, and do a lot of pitch shift things with it that's pretty cool. I haven't played with this aspect much, I think it's REX stuff.

The other thing is to take that long opening into a double time feel. The intro to other side does something like that here, it also goes back to slow time in the middle:

You'll want to add your bass part in there somewhere too. Good stuff.

-H