OCR01859 - Final Fantasy IX "The Rose General"

djpretzel

Beautiful voice. Reminds me of the vocals in the Xenogears Creid album. Nice performances with the instruments.

Just checked out her stuff over on youtube after Taucer's comment. Some great material there, people.

Keep it up, Kate. I'd like to see more of you in OCR...we need more female vocalists to fill in pixietricks' shoes for the time being.

I was recently introduced to your music on youtube by a friend of mine and it's really great to see you on OCR now, Kate. You've taken one of my favorite themes from one of my favorite soundtracks/games and wove so much emotion and beauty into it. This brought a tear to my eye; it's simply that wonderful.

Never stop making music! Looking forward to your next release~

I was too tired to listen to this last night at 2 in the morning, so I instead just had a look at the lyrics. The last two lines sent a shiver down my spine. As a poem, this is beautiful. The "Roses of May" recurring motif, and how you manage to make the concept work in three or four different literal uses is excellent.

Your arrangement and performances did your words justice... my one issue is that everything seems fairly quiet, though there are a few louder sections. So I guess that's a mastering issue, unless it was a matter of style/genre (I'm not familiar with this kind of music).

This song is a rose for your ears.

This is the first ReMix in a long time that I've actually given a damn about - it's a mix that stands out from most of the others, and not because of the production values or the technical ability that seems to be all that matters nowadays - but rather because of the sheer amount of emotion that flows through both the lyrics and the sound of the voice singing them.

I can't even begin to express how perfect this mix is, or how inexcusable it is that more people can't produce stuff this fantastic.

This ReMix is beautiful. Tons of heart put into this. One of my favorite themes from FFIX, as well - hope you keep arranging and submit more to the site, Kate.

As a sidenote, this sort of reminds me of the album "Fairytales of Slavery" from the band Miranda Sex Garden... but that's probably due to the style more than anything.

I've been following Kate on YouTube for nearly a year now and I'm really happy that after months of waiting this song has been posted to OCRemix. This was the song that got me interested in her other video game covers, and believe me, each one is incredible.

Thank you Kate for making such beautiful music and thank you OCRemix for being the place to host such wonderful artists

Beautiful work. I enjoy this more each time I listen to it. I really enjoy the harmonies in your vocals, as well as the lyrics themselves. The small variations you throw in throughout the remix really add a lot to the artistry of it. Your choice of instrumentation is excellent too. Initially I thought a solo violin would be a very nice addition, but now I'm thinking it would likely detract from the rest of the mix

I'm also very impressed that you played and recorded all of the instrumental parts yourself. It always great to see more and more recorded instruments instead of samples on OCR. Its nice to see a remixer with such a range of instrument and vocal talent. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your remixes on here, as well as hearing your original work.

I ... am just ... TOO ... astonished to write something constructive ...

WOW !!!!

As soon as the song began to played I was staring hopelessly at my Windows Media Player !!!

It's just too ... BEAUTIFUL !!!

Well done !!!

Right then

Epic song url sent to all contacts...check

Potential scenes for verses.... check 1= burmecia 2 after cleyra 3 when she gets the letter 4 before/after memoria

Recommendations for future works: ANYTHING! doesn't matter what it is based on this and previous works twill turn out fine :)

recommendatins for future works that I can't see anyone else even coming close to doing properly: any vocal theme from ArTonelico 2 (there's a LOT), ending theme of Odin Sphere.

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please submit other stuff ye have game related to here!

*pants There I think that covers it, good luck on ye album!

I don't need to add this song to my music rotation that I listen to while I work. Why? It's already there.

This is an amazing piece of work, it really brings out the character or Beatrix in such a perfect way, the lyrics do her much justice. Kate has an amazing voice, this is easily my favorite of all her vocal covers.

Kate, you've managed to make me cry over this game again, and I thought I was done with that. You are one of the most talented musicians I've heard in a long time, and I'm glad the ocremix judges agree with me on this.

This song sent chills down my spine as I listened for the first time. Ever since I've had it set to single repeat on my MP3 player. The first thing that came to mind was Jovette Rivera's remix of Cid's theme, both songs you don't normally think as having lyrics, but when you hear it for the first time you're completely blown away. I agree with darksun 45230, an interp of Aerith's theme would be fantastic. Anyway, Excelent work, I hope to hear more from you in the future.

Keep Re-mixing.

I agree with all the posts here so far complimenting you on a fantastic arrangement. I am impressed that you recorded and played all the instruments yourself. I especially liked your reharmonizations, the subtle minor second clashes were especially cool and you didn't drop the pitch when you sung them (something many vocalists struggle with).

The only things I could comment on would be the actual recording itself. The first thing is that you should invest in a small pop filter for your mike as sometimes there were a few audible pops and s' from the vocal tracks. Also I think that track could have done with a little more reverb or a small amount of delay to make the track a little less dry. Both these last comments are more from a sound engineering perspective though and are only very minor issues. From a performance/arrangement perspective I could not fault this track. Keep up the good work : )

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01859 - Final Fantasy IX "The Rose General"