Rules for Posting Music in Community

Bahamut

These are what is currently acceptable for posting in this forum as far as music goes

• Links to legally available music by popular artists in the context of a discussion, i.e. songs posted by the artists themselves on Youtube
  • Links to teasers for upcoming video game music albums made by posted ReMixers or album directors, i.e. a link to a Youtube video for an upcoming album release (make it absolutely clear that it's for an upcoming album though & describe it!)
  • Links to the music for video game music rearrangement albums by active members of the community, i.e. a thread for a non-OCR project such as Bound Together
  • Links to where music can be acquired by active members of the community, video game or original material, i.e. a thread for a commercial album that may be purchased by a member of the community

For the situation of single songs or a collection of a few songs, they are to either be posted in Workshop - Feedback: Workshop ReMixes or in Workshop - Feedback: Originals/other, whichever is the appropriate forum for the song(s) in question.

It is highly recommend if there is confusion, to ask a moderator of the Community forum as to what is the appropriate place of posting.

Edited by Liontamer

• 1 month later...

I am having difficulty parsing your legalese. Particularly:

"Links to where music can be acquired by active members of the community, video game or original material, i.e. a thread for a commercial album that may be purchased by a member of the community"

Do you mean music by active members of the community? Or do you mean music that active members of the community can acquire? The latter is what I'm getting out of this even though it doesn't make any sense.

I am having difficulty parsing your legalese. Particularly:

"Links to where music can be acquired by active members of the community, video game or original material, i.e. a thread for a commercial album that may be purchased by a member of the community"

Do you mean music by active members of the community? Or do you mean music that active members of the community can acquire? The latter is what I'm getting out of this even though it doesn't make any sense.

That the music is by posted remixers - I'll edit that.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...